Notices

same old same old

Old 07-13-2005, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

same old same old

after 3 days of sobriety i failed and feel miserable..there were a couple factors, but the only one that mattered is i said "yes". im looking into prices on a counselor on friday when i get paid and going to my first meeting on friday, with my mom...working a double tomorrow....so it cant be then...i knew SR, although a huge help, wasnt going to be enough, hopefully ill seem desperate enough to find a sponsor and some more information on activities i can join...i need serious help... i cant do this alone...the longest ive gone is 2 months and 2 weeks sober, out of 5 years of addiction...i dont even know what else to say...i hate myself and that sure isnt the right path.....pray for me =*( im sorry everyone, thanks for not casting judgements, ill be back on in the AM before work and then ill be on right after...until then, lots of love,

Craig
Old 07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Craig))) Hang in there.At 3 days I was still miserable too.It does get better.you gotta give it a chance.Let us know how your first meeting goes.I know NA has not only saved my life,but it has given me one.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Craig
Keep coming back - you are right - you do need more than SR alone. It does get better, but you need to give it a chance. AA helped me a lot. Stick around!
JMHS
Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you are not giving up on yourself!

You keep trying ...few of us were successful on the first try.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Midas

Keep Coming Back!! Most of us were in shambles (myself included) during the first couple weeks. You're already on the right track!!

Old 07-14-2005, 03:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok now you have realized that you can't do it alone. You're ready to get the help you need in order to kick this addiction. We'll be right here cheering for you and praying for you (((Craig)))

And please don't hate yourself! I'm struggling with that feeling too. I keep thinking about the past 10 years and what I COULD have been doing instead of being a drunk. I'm trying to channel that anger towards the disease(alcoholism), not towards the host (me). If I hate alcoholism enough and love and forgive myself maybe I can be successful.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

(((Craig)))
As long as you don't give up hope....as long as you keep trying...then you're not failing.
Sobriety, life, is a journey, not a destination. We can only work on today...that's all we have. Don't beat yourself up, that only feeds your dis-ease.
Welcome to recovery my friend!!!! No one told me it would be easy, just the opposite, it's the hardest thing i've ever attempted in my life!!!
But, what I realized as time goes on is that I am worth it, I am capable, and I will not give up!!!
We learn to treat ourselves as our best friend instead of an enemy. Acceptance is the answer to ALL my problems!!
I spent so many years hating myself, wanting to be anyone but me...but wherever I go there I am...plain and simple. It's when I accepted myself that I was able to move on.
One day at a time, don't give up. I have faith in you!!!
hugs & hugs, Wendy
Old 07-14-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

(((Craig)))-- How are you doing today?? Feeling a bit better?
I hope so.
You are a strong person, we all are. It just doesn't feel that way sometimes. We have to dig deep inside of ourselves, past all of our problems, past our low self-esteem, and we can then see that we DO have more strength than we realized.
I believe true recovery is a really long process, that is so diffficult, but if we keep on fighting, and struggling, no matter what happens, even if we relapse, and we work through the guilt of things we have done, and keep on working on ourselves, and are honestly willing to do whatever it takes, even if it means we go deeply in debt, or that we have to find new friends, friends that are clean and sober, or whatever, we can do this. You will do this, it's alot of work.
We can take the easy road, and continue to use, and give up on sobriety, and the hopes of a happy life, or we can truly struggle, and struggle and eventually find the peace that we deserve, and have worked very hard for. I really don't believe there is anything easy about it, but it can be done, we just have to really, really want it...
I also believe that we all DESERVE a happy life. We don't deserve the things we have done to ourselves. That sounds funny, to not deserve what we have done, but that is how I feel. We are all wonderful, beautiful people on the inside. It shows in all the posts we share with eachother.
I have many really negative days. That's ok, I am beginning to see that, that is just how it is. I have alot of work to do, I have had low self-esteem from childhood on, that I need to work on, that is really important, I think probably one of the most important issues I have. How can I care enough about myself to go through all of this hard work? I am working on that,,
You can do this Craig, don't beat yourself up at all about a relapse, just move on. I have relapsed so many times.. But what's most impotant is that we realize that isn't what we really want to do, and jump right back into the fight, forgive ourselves.. Then we can continue working and fighting the good fight...

Love Becky
Old 07-14-2005, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forever In Recovery, Dana

you can do it, with help! We'll be right here cheering you on!!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

prayers...
Old 07-14-2005, 06:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Craig,
just don't give up the hope. You can do this. Hard work and a willing heart is what it takes but it is worth it. The path isn't always an easy one, but there is much better stuff ahead than behind it.

We are here for you!
Old 07-15-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((Craig))) keep on coming back.

nogard