Notices

My mom close to death

Old 07-12-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My mom close to death

History: Both of my mom's parents were alcoholics and both died from the disease. My mom begin drinking at a very young age and entered AA at a young age. She went through multiple divorces and was sober for almost 20 years. She began drinking shortly after her children left the nest. From about 2002-2005 her drinking has steadedly been much worse with entry into several detox situations and limited recovery locations. At one time vanilla extract was what she was drinking. Now its cheap bottles of brandy. When she stops she gets powerful DTs and insecurity which is medicated with more alcohol. She is 54 and is missing out on her children and grandchildren's lives. What are we to do? We are at wits end...please help!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome

I am sorry to hear about your Mom, it is alway's sad to hear when someone goes back out. There is a family and friends forum you can post on also, lot's of very kind people. I would suggest talking to your Mom's doctor about her drinking or look for an interventionist who can assist you in getting your Mom into treatment, and, most importantly take care of yourself.

Bless, Trish
Old 07-12-2005, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome cc...
Unfortunatly mom knows the ropes and knows what she needs to do, she just doesn't want to do it yet. Find support for you and your family in Alanon, and pray for mom daily she finds her way back, it's never to late. *hugs*
Old 07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forever In Recovery, Dana

Ditto

a MAJOR DITTO on what Trish said!! Its my opinion that an intervention needs to be done..sorry to hear that, may God be with you
Old 07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

You could call her everyday just to say hello and that you love her and give her news about the grandkids. You can pray for her,visit her,take her out to lunch....but, only she can make her quit drinking unfortunatly....