SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   yesterday = day 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/64080-yesterday-day-1-a.html)

ETACsoldier 07-09-2005 10:11 AM

yesterday = day 1

yesterday was surely planned out as another day for using but i decided to take 1 preventive step and look for help and i found SR well after i posted a couple times, cried harder than i think i ever have, lol, i set out to drop mom off to work and decided to spend my last 2 bucks on a ticket of course. i then proceed to win 50 bucks and immediately my mind started to race on how to come up with the next 15 in order to use. But then for the first time i just stopped. I immediately came back home and jumped right online to my new home SR. I dont even recall posting....i just read, and then read some more until i had to go to work. thank you everyone for welcoming me with open arms and a smile. it feels like you people can hug any imperfections away. today i woke up and the first thing i said is im staying sober today....:supercool

In memory of miracle 07-09-2005 10:42 AM

Congradulations! Day 1, awesome!

CarolD 07-09-2005 11:51 AM

Good for you!

:wave: Welcome to SR! :147:

Chy 07-09-2005 03:37 PM

Awesome job! Keep up the good work!

FaeryQueen 07-09-2005 03:41 PM

it feels like you people can hug any imperfections away.
That's cute...lol.:hug:

Welcome and Congrats.

Lively 07-09-2005 03:50 PM

Welcome :) I'm new too and feel so very lucky to have found this place. I can so see myself jumping on here when the cravings start. I know they will eventually! But I'm determined this time to set myself free. There's a whole big beautiful world out there that I can really "see" now. Good luck to you!!

2dayzmuse 07-09-2005 03:55 PM

Welcome everyone. I'm glad you found your way here. SR has remained a big part of my recovery. When I needed to draw strength from others, I found it here. Keep coming back...

2ndTime 07-09-2005 04:04 PM

WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on 1 DAY!
:boogy

Robin:wink3:

07-09-2005 06:40 PM

Good job ETAC! Hang in there, it gets wayyyy better in a couple days, maybe not even that long. Keep posting.....

Valeria 07-09-2005 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by I_am_tj
Good job ETAC! Hang in there, it gets wayyyy better in a couple days, maybe not even that long. Keep posting.....

I'm glad to hear that. Today is my day 2.

best 07-09-2005 09:21 PM

Added suport can be found at meetings.

Take things one day at a time. Just for today I won't pick up. One day I can handle and today will be that day.

Jupiter2 07-09-2005 11:00 PM

Hi Etac,

You have started staying sober just the same way I did: posting right here on SR. I have since added AA, a sponsor, working the steps, and a home group to help me along. All of that has worked so far for me and I have been sober for 152 days.

You sound like you are ready for sobriety. You can do this if I can!

Daniel.

angelgirl 07-09-2005 11:40 PM

Wow, what an amazing post!!! Also what an excellent decision to stop abusing :)
You're right, SR is a fantastic place to come to for support!! I am so happy to see so many new people here, making such wonderful decisions.
I am 3 months clean, and working on myself everyday.. You all can do this!! It can be hard sometimes, but so worth it, and always remember, all things pass, so if you have a bad day, hop on SR, and ask for support, and you'll be one more step in the right direction.

Welcome ETACSOLDIER, and VALERIA, and LIVELY!!! SP happy you found SR, please stick arond,
Love, Becky

07-10-2005 12:02 AM

I agree with angelgirl!! That's an awesome abrupt stop. Like God putting his hand in front of your next step, picking you up, and kindly saying "Excuse me. I have other plans for you today. Come on, let me show you."
:rolleyes:

Warm Welcomes to the other newcomers too!!

Time2Surrender 07-10-2005 12:23 AM

Congradulations on day one.Thats how we do this.One day at a time.:)