Notices

Hurting bad

Old 07-08-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Hurting bad

Will i had the cops show up today looking for my old room mates wife and something told me it was,nt good.They are devorsed.But anyhow the cop left and so i phoned his ex and told her the cops were on the way to see her and i did,nt think it was good news and to phone and let me know later what happened because he lives in another city.I might as will as he was my best friend and a very old drinking friend of mine i dont mean he was old he was 40.They said they found him this morning i guess by the couch and it looked like he had a massive heart attack and died.You see i quit drinking and he could,nt and we had a fight last fall and had,nt spoken since cause i wouldnt talk to him because i wanted a sober life and he didnt and i thought that may be best to part as friends.So i,m hurting real bad right now and the thought has crossed my mind to go get drunk.I,m REALLY SCARED 6 months is a long time to not drink and to waste it,but if i ever had an excuse i think it is now.I know stinkin thinking going on.I guess this is another test for me....
Old 07-08-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey Dave--I am so sorry for your loss, but drinking won't help anything, and I am sure your friend would not want you to lose your sobriety because of him. If anything, use this experience to renew your conviction to make better choices in your life. That is the best tribute you could give to him. Hang in there, stay strong, and stay close to here. Can you get to a meeting tonight? I'm sending prayers your way.

Hugs--
Old 07-08-2005, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dave, I am sorry for your loss and that you feel so bad for losing contact with your friend. I think we all have to follow on our own path in this life and you did what you needed to do. Your friend did what he needed to do. Unfortunately you didn't have a chance to talk to him again, but you can be sure that he knows how much you cared about him.

Stay strong!

Love, Anna
Old 07-08-2005, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Unhappy O Dave...

I am sooo very sorry for your loss.

And drinking again is not honoring your friends memory.

Get to a meeting and share. Call someone in program.
Stay here with us. Pray.

Do not drink. Blessings...
Old 07-08-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Wow Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I think lulu is so right. Drinking won't change anything. Your right 6 months is a long time,cherish it and honor your friend's memory, sober. Hang in there.
Bless, Trish