Notices

80 days!

Old 07-07-2005, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

80 days!

Wow, what can I say? I’m 80 days sober today!

<o:p> </o:p>

I must say it feels good. It’s nice to not be in the usual cycle of causing mental and physical distress upon my mind and body. For that, I am grateful, because drinking is logically no more than that – a way for us to cause distress. We as creatures are not meant nor designed to drink alcohol, in any quantities. We, as modern day humans, physiologically can just tolerate it better now because of the thousands of years of drinking the human race has put upon itself. I’m sure there were alcoholics just like us thousands of years ago!

Anyway, I feel so grateful to be sober and the feeling of “needing” to drink is slipping away. Of course a craving will rear its ugly head at times, but I just have to use my defense against it when that happens.

So, I’ve been extremely busy for the past three months. I mean I’m usually busy and was a “functional” alcoholic for the most part, but the past months have been busier than usual. I’ve accomplished a lot, aside from accomplishing the start of my sobriety! I truly am grateful for all of these accomplishments.

Another thing that I’m grateful for is just how much less complicated things are when I don’t drink. I just feel better about myself since I’m not drunk all the time, I feel better in the mornings, I don’t have to ask people what I did and said the night before, I have lost weight since I’m not adding on the usual 1000-3000 additional calories a day from all the beer that I would drink, my mind is clearer, I’m treating other people better, I’ve saved hundreds of dollars, etc., etc., etc. And most of all…I’m becoming my true self again – not the self that is masked by all the alcohol.

Of course I’m still a newcomer to sobriety, but it’s a much better life. It’s easy to take sobriety for granted when one is drunk all the time!

Just wanted to share a bit of gratitude as I approach 90 days! I am ready for sobriety and am enjoying it! I will continue to succeed in my journey. That is my attitude and I’m sticking to it! I am determined to stay sober…
Old 07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see

your positive post! Way To Go!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congradulations !
Old 07-07-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your post is very inspiring to me. I am finishing up on day 10 right now, and I cant
wait to get where you are!! Congragulations itsanewday!!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Boy is it good to read your ESH...
Thank You
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congradulations on 80 days.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Way to go itsanewday.

nogard