Notices

A hard time

Old 07-01-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Exclamation A hard time

Hi,

I am on day 2 of my second try at becoming clean after a relapse after 30 days. My body hurts, and I feel very anxious, too anxious to even read other posts. I remember feeling like this before, but had some help for the first few days in rehab, this time I am detoxing on my own. I went to NA last night and have a meeting with a therapist next week. I have to get through the day at work tomorrow and it will be hard, then I will be off for 2 days.

If anyone here can relate you can write back, or PM me or even email. I need strength b/c my husband still uses and doesnt understand. I feel like I am falling apart, but I know I will be getting better.

Thanks,
want (Christine)
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

hey christine welcome back i have been thinkinga bout you alot. i'm sorry your going through a hard time. good that your going to meetings. is going back to rehab possible for you???? if not well that is ok... we're here for you!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Christine))))),
Do you maybe have a doctor that could you some clonidine or something to help you through this? I know it's absolutely no fun to do on your own 'cause I have been through it numerous times myself. I highly recommend professional help for the initial detox. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Love and s,
Eddie
Old 07-01-2005, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Thanks

Thank you both for writing, I am not feeling well, though I am sure part of it is mental b/c I did not use nearly as much during my relapse as I did for many years, but I feel physically just as bad. I had went to a Dr. to help me through this but that was 2 week ago and then I went on vacation last week and did it up one last time, so I will suffer through the holiday weekend.

Christine
Old 07-01-2005, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I don't know, but it sounds to me like you have decided to punish yourself for your relapse. That's really not necessary. Why don't you call the doc on call or something? Go to an urgent care clinic or even the ER. You DON'T have to suffer like you said, you know?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-01-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hey Christine I am really glad that you are here and we can do this togeather, I need you very bad and I know that we can do it. I now have a little over 90 days but that doesn't matter what matters is today. We can do this if we truely want it and I know it can be done but it is not easy. Someone told me once that if someone says it is easy to stay clean keep away from them. I only know that it get better or should I say different. Glad you are here and I will pray for you.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sober in KY

Hi, Christine. I don't have any words of wisdom or anything... I am going through a tough time myself and I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best. You are definitely NOT ever alone in this!

~ashes