Notices

Day 40

Old 06-24-2005, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
toxicwarrior

Day 40

Hello everyone !!!! This has been a hard day for me. I needed a meeting today and could not get there. So I sat here at the house talking with my wife of 16 yrs. and watching movies. I had to tell her, I wanted to use today and use in bad way. And I'm not sure why I did that, maybe so she wouldn't let me out of her sight. Maybe because I'm really wanting to change and live the sober life after all of the relapses. And today I'm very thankful that God has given her the stamina to deal with me. Thankyou for letting me share this night.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
faithhope&love

Congratulations!!!! I hope that I will have the stamina of your wife and not get the worry wart syndrome and suddenly shift into an angry and untrusting wife that I have become. I hope that someday my husband will reach 40 days and that he will have the strength to do what you did!!! I would say that God gave you an open door of escape...your wife!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi ToxicWarrior, you are blessed with that lady.
Love her dearly and continue to take care of you.
Good job on 40 days. Your wife and 40 days of sobriety
are two huge blessings in your life and a lot to be
grateful for. All the best to you--
Old 06-24-2005, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Way TO GO! Pretty soon, you'll have 60 days, then 90 days...
One of my favorite Eleanor Roosevelt sayings, "You must do the things you think you cannot do."

If you like angels, buy a small pewter or silver one and carry it your pocket, or put it on your night-stand, or a place where you set your keys. It will remind you of the angel that's looking out for you.

Keep Coming Back!

Old 06-24-2005, 10:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Toxicwarrior, congrats on your 40 days and also telling your wife that you wanted to use, if you are anything like me that is a big deal! The old me would not tell a soul I wanted to use, I would just use and and lie to everyone around me.

I was also blessed to have my husbands support. Sounds like you have great support also. Again congrats on wanting to change your life. Wishing you the best to a better you. Keep making the right choice. 40 days is a miracle. Keep thanking God for all your blessings.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Way to go on 40 Days toxicwarrior and congrats on getting through a tough day. I love the angel idea, thanks midas.

nogard
Old 06-25-2005, 09:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
toxicwarrior

I thank you all who took the time to leave me with these kind words of hope and encouragement. I pray you all find what you are looking for.Especially you jema3
Old 06-26-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wingsfreed

Hi Toxic Warrior .....welcome to SoberRecovery....FANTASTIC job on your sober days, keep up the good fight.

I like your signature line, you got that right.