Notices

Help! New! Single Father !

Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 AM
  # 1801 (permalink)  

Don I can't afford any more $50 plants that are just going to die...I can a dig up a cactus for free LOL

That is NOT funny FaeryQueen !!!! :Lmao
Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 1802 (permalink)  

Please...we never call it 'dirt'. Soil, earth, loam....but never dirt! Dirt is, well, dirty.

I wouldn't buy a new $50 plant! I'd throw out your juniper, clean out the pot, and go buy a new 4" pot or #1 can of a juniper or something similar, trim the roots, and plant it in fresh soil in the same pot.

Some nurseries sell seedling trees. Or you can go to the back and look for the overgrown #1 juniper that they're about to throw out, and ask if they'll make a deal. Then you thin out the top to enhance the interesting structure, tease apart the roots, trim them back about 25 - 30%, and plant it. Water thoroughly and then set it out in partial shade.

If the nursery sells bonsai, and it's a slow day, they might even be willing to help you with the project. We would at our shop if we weren't too busy at that moment. So ya never know, and you might develop a lifelong passion for this unique and challenging hobby.
But cactus are a lot easier. Just don't overwater 'em.
Don
Old 07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
  # 1803 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Personally, I'm partial to indoor zen gardens: little trays full of sand, with a tiny rake so you can rake soothing patterns. Never needs water...
I have seen those things before, I thought "who wants to sit and waste time scratching around in a dirt box." But now I think I get it.

Babee
I personally talk to my plants. I know it sounds crazy, but after I water "my babies". I sit with them and touch the leaves and send them concious gratitude for being alive and adding beauty to my shop.
DON'T LAUGH!!!! They are beautiful!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 1804 (permalink)  

I've been talking to my bonsai " *#@** quit turning brown you piece of %$^*&(* "
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 1805 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

I've been talking to my bonsai " *#@** quit turning brown you piece of %$^*&(*

Well no wonder! You need to send some love silly.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 1806 (permalink)  

Girl I trimmed the roots ...I repotted......I kept it in the house...I put it outside the house....I watered and sprinkled it the needles....IT IS STILLL DYING >>PIECE OF *^@*&#^
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
  # 1807 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach
I know Pedagogue was at the bookstore at midnight to get one.
I assume he did!
Ped, have a great time back home...and did you get the book???
I indeed got the book.

My mom pre-ordered 2 copies from the local borders. I was staying in on friday night (we were leaving sat. morning for the beach), so I volunteered to swing by. They had a big event in my town (not a darn thing to do otherwise...but it was very well done and the families had a blast) Even with the reserved books, you had to get a ticket to wait in line to get it....so I got home at 2am!!

A storm just came through here so the sun went away. I figured i'd jump online to check my e-mail and say "Hi" to ya'll. I'm off to see Charlie and the Choc. factory in a bit.

I hope everyone has a great day/week.

-ped
Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 1808 (permalink)  
To Life!

Oh, that's great! I'm glad you got the book, and are have a good time on vacation, Ped!! Charlie and the Chocolate Factory???
Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Babeekj;
You need to work on those communication skill, dear,

Don;
I have this tall catcus in my southern side door window; it has just thrived! I don't even know how old it is now, but, years ago, my dog was a pup. He took a big bite out of it! (Never tried that again, let me tell ya! :nono: LOL! ) Anyway, the catcus is still growning! I thought it was going to die! But, I has a big chunk out of it!!! Still, it's giving me flowers!

Shalom!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 1809 (permalink)  

I just fuound out that my husband is on speed and he is no longer in our home, it's been a very dificult time for all of us. I too have 3 kids and I want my husband back, the man i married. I believe in God but wonder if i'm fooling myself in thinking he will come back soon?

Any one at the department stores can and will help your daughter. You don't have to leave here there, just explain to the clerk that your daughter needs help finding a bra. Then you go sit and wait on the sidelines. Your daughter will respect you for that. I understand situations can be overwhelming, but kudoo to you for taking care of you children. Best of luck! Take care and God Bless
Old 07-18-2005, 01:15 PM
  # 1810 (permalink)  

(((Sophie))) I am sooo sorry my youngest sons father is on crack and I used to feel the same way..but as time goes by things really do get sooo much better !

Teach ...I know I know.....I just really did every kind of bonsai CPR I heard of and it still is nearly dead...it is very depressing..

That was a pretty funny story about your pup though LOL
Ped !!!! Hope you are having a great time.....Also hope you enjoy Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....It's hard to imagine Johnny Depp in that if you have ever seen the original movie LOL
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 AM
  # 1811 (permalink)  

How is SR doing today ???????
Old 07-28-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 1812 (permalink)  

how are you doing ? How are the kids ????
Old 07-28-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 1813 (permalink)  

hi sweetheart.
the girls are fine , Olivia is at camp and having a blast. the other two are swimming everyday and we found a really good church here that they all love.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 1814 (permalink)  

That's great !!! Job still going good ?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 1815 (permalink)  

I have to go get ready for work i just wanted to check in because I slept late today and told them I wouldn't be there until about 10:30
Tell Chy ,Teach and ped and the gang I said hi
Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 1816 (permalink)  

Have a good morning BigE
Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 1817 (permalink)  

Glad you checked in!

I'm doing great...on vacation and enjoying myself.

-pedagogue
Old 07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 1818 (permalink)  
To Life!

BigE!!!
OMG!!! The prodigal son has returned!!! LOL!
We've missed hearing about you and the girls and all the "changes" you are dealing with. How's Steve doing? That little doggie still getting underfoot? lol! And little Ms O? What's she up to lately?
Nothing new here with me. Trevor stole my ex's car; he and his cousin, who was just given bad news are on a run again. I pray he lives through it; but, he will be going to jail for two years or more if he gets caught; I pray he gets caught... Like I said, nothing new, LOL!
Please don't stay away so long. We miss ya!!!
Shalom!