Notices

Just curious

Old 06-06-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just curious

I'm on my 2nd day of sobriety, but just curious for those that are recovering alcoholics....how much did you use to drink and how often. Myself it was anywhere from 2-12 beers a day just about 4-6 times a week.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Timi,

Welcome to SR. You can find lots of support and inspiration here. Congratulations on your 2nd sober day!

Anna
Old 06-06-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanx Anna
Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hey Timi--Good question. It is important for me to remember how sick I was. Toward the end, if I had more than 3 drinks (which was mostly everytime) I would have at least a 12-pack. On the weekends it was not uncommon for me to drink up to 30 beers/drinks over a 24 hour period. Sometimes I would drink so much I would pass out, throw up on myself, and/or wet the bed. Other times I would continue walking, talking and carrying on like normal while in a complete black-out. I didn't drink everyday, but I would drink as I described at least once every week. Sometimes more.

Pretty sick, huh?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Timi
For me it was 8-12 beers or a combo platter of beer and wine, pretty much everynight and heavier on the weekends as I could start earlier. I will be sober 4 months tomorrow, and if I can quit, you can too! Stick around.
JMHS
Old 06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for your repsonses everyone and JMH good for you! I didn't mean to offend anyone by that question. It was more or less just to see if I was the only one going through the same thing as everyone else. The vote of confidence on these boards are overwhelming and it has given me such strength to battle this addiction and to share my experience in hopes that individuals my age or any age that for that matter know that if we can all band together and stay strong, anyone can kick this horrible habbit and live long and healthy lives!

I hope you all have a great tuesday and remember....even in our darkest hours, there is someone in your corner!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Laura, you remind me of my college days....boy those were fun. Sure it's not the proudest moment in ones life, but at least you reckonized your condition and you are addressing it. I know too many people that go through what you have, I had a friend that wet another individuals floor, and they refuse to admit they have a problem. You're brave to face this and I commend you in the highest regaurds!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

I got bombed most nights. Probably btw 6-18 heavier import beers which doesn't seem like a lot but you lose interest in things like 'eating' which always makes it worse.

Never kept count exactly, just til whenever I ran out, cashed out or blacked out, whichever came first.

I'm only a couple weeks in.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

((Timi)), I went through a comparative phase while I was detoxing, scared out of my mind and glued to SR newcomers forum. I wanted to see if there was anyone as 'bad' as I was. I was a hard daily drinker for 3 years. I started when my husband left for work and tried to sober up before he came home. I would drink/pass out, drink/pass out. I work from my home office so I had the latitude to do it, but obviously way too much discretionary time. My drink of choice was premium scotch and I have been sober for 3 weeks.

All my best to you, you can do this, one day at a time.

Love Pearl
Old 06-06-2005, 08:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by Timi
I'm on my 2nd day of sobriety, but just curious for those that are recovering alcoholics....how much did you use to drink and how often. Myself it was anywhere from 2-12 beers a day just about 4-6 times a week.
We're pretty close there but never 2! 6-8+ was my routine.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

'Hmm...probably a quart of liquor.'

I drank way too much and way too often.

When giving my info to a new doctor...he asked how much I ddrank.

'Hmm...probably a quart of liquor.'

Dr. 'No No I mean per day not per month.'

Heck...so did I!!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

3/4 - 1 liter of bourbon every night for several years, then tapered down to +/- 2 bottles of wine every night for a couple of years, sometimes more.
Don S