Notices

Hello all...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Let go and let God

Mark,
You have taken a huge step towards loving yourself again.
I understand the "confusion" that you are feeling. It is a new way to think and look at yourself. It is scary and sometimes painful but very healthy. I have been able to cope with lifes issues in a much more productive way.
Keep learning, reading and posting.
Jeff
Old 06-04-2005, 10:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Jeff....

I did go to my first meeting last night with you guys, and I did enjoy it, and it was really helpfull...

I also told my story to a best friend today, and that was another big step for me...

I guess this whole thing is just a series of day by day steps leading to a goal...?

Hmmm... the bottom of the staircase still looks a lot closer to me than the top does......

Old 06-04-2005, 10:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Right on Mark!!!!!!
yep, a one day at a time thing...one minute at a time if necessary.
You know what? that bottom of the staircase is still pretty close to me and i'm working on day 360 here.
Thats ok though...the fear of getting to the bottom keeps me climbin'
Baby steps!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Let go and let God

Originally Posted by ravensheart
Thanks Jeff....

I did go to my first meeting last night with you guys, and I did enjoy it, and it was really helpfull...

I also told my story to a best friend today, and that was another big step for me...

I guess this whole thing is just a series of day by day steps leading to a goal...?

Hmmm... the bottom of the staircase still looks a lot closer to me than the top does......

Exactly, day by day. Do the next right thing!!!!
Keep in touch.
Jeff
Old 06-04-2005, 12:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well

good for you Mark!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks so much guys...!
It's heading for 2 weeks now and I'm still alcohol free..!

I've been going to the meetings almost every night, and a wonderful member here mailed me the big AA book, and I'm really on my way to feeling awesome again...!

I could never have done any of this without many of the members and staff here to encourage me and support me, both here in these forum threads, and at the nightly AA and NA meetings...

Thanks bunches everyone.........
Old 06-18-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work!

Alcohol + the florida heat is a bad combination anyway....so you are doing yourself a favor!

-pedagogue
Old 06-18-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

Ravensheart--welcome home--it is so funny to see your in Florida--I can remember sitting on the porch smoking a dope with my baby bro (before I hit what we call in recovery "a bottom") and asking him--where are my people? Where are the people like me? I thought they were like really psyhcic people who lived somewhere in Florida (LMAO!)--when I walked in to my first meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous I had the feeling--I've come home. Didnt' know what the heck was happening--don't remember a thing that was said--and I'm in my 17th yr of sobriety now. We have a lot of slogans in the program, one that I think really is appropo is "First I Came, Then I Came to, Then I Came to Belive--so glad you have come. Hope you will stick around and give yourself a chance to identify. Oh, one last note--I'm a "two-fisted" alcoholic--one hand will always have a drink/the other will always have dope of some kind. I've found deliverance from both. The heart that cries out to God is always heard--and a coincidence is just a small miracle in which God chooses to remain anonymous. Blessings