Notices

Hello, my name is Tyler and I am NOT an Addict!!

Old 06-02-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi Tyler....does it feed your ego to think you're different and SO MUCH MORE than anyone else here? Let Tyler's will be done...never mind that Tyler's will brought you here. Do it Tyler's way and you'll be SO MUCH MORE too. Do it Tyler's way and you too can be 'different', 'unique' and stoned/drunk very soon. Forget the AA and NA suggestions and traditions that have worked for so many for so many years. What do they know? Ask Tyler. He knows cuz he's SO MUCH MORE. God bless.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Whatever works for you Tyler....the only thing that matters is that you are clean for the next 23 hours and a meeting.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hee hee

lots of good replies- there are lots of reasons i conntinue to id myself as 'addict'- most have been posted above
i only do that at meetings or when someone's REALLY pressing a drink/drug at me.

and then again. got enough twisted left in me to sometimes imagine how cool that there are four or five of us in a remote village in the rockies, at night...plotting the overthrow of our egos...bunch of ADDICTS yee hah
Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by jbm125
Hi Tyler....does it feed your ego to think you're different and SO MUCH MORE than anyone else here? Let Tyler's will be done...never mind that Tyler's will brought you here. Do it Tyler's way and you'll be SO MUCH MORE too. Do it Tyler's way and you too can be 'different', 'unique' and stoned/drunk very soon. Forget the AA and NA suggestions and traditions that have worked for so many for so many years. What do they know? Ask Tyler. He knows cuz he's SO MUCH MORE. God bless.
I am really not sure where you are comming from whth your post. Are you saying that NA and AA are the only ways to get clean and sober? If so, you are wrong and there are millions to prove it to you. You know how the majority of people get sober, they just quit. No program no anything. I have tried the AA/NA way and it is not for me. I have very fundamental differences with the program. I do not disrespect AA or NA in any way, it is a great program for many people, just not me. I have tired working the steps, I've had a sponsor, but the fact is I just do not believe in the very fundemental principles of AA and NA. Does that make me right and you wrong, no it just means that I need to find a method of sobriety that fits me better. No where did I advocate this approach for anyone but myself. It was a declaration for me, and to let the people on these boards who care for me, know where I am at in my recovery. I have never claimed to know any more about anything than the next guy. All I can do is offer my experience, stength and hope, yes that is an AA term, and it is one of many things I have learned from that program as well as SMART, Lifering, NA and others. I'm not exactly sure why you should be so concerned with how I achieve my sobriety, just that I do.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tyler you absolutely right... it is not how you get sober and what works for you to accomplish that, only that you do.

JBM I hope God blesses you .
Old 06-02-2005, 07:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Tyler, that was an excellent response. Not to get caught up in an argument on words. We all do what we do to get clean, that is ALL that matters. I really don't like to see people angry at each other here at SR. Defeats our purpose. We are here to SHARE our EXPERIENCE, STRENGTH and HOPE. I am happy others are here that want to help me. I need all the help I can get. I am sure others feel the same. No matter what way they choose to get clean, and live clean, in recovery, free of illness, what ever one chooses to call it.. I am there, want to be there, and am working very hard to stay there.
Thanks to all who have cared, and given me advice and hope Love, Becky
Old 06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tyler
I'm not exactly sure why you should be so concerned with how I achieve my sobriety, just that I do.

Bravo, Tyler. You will.

It is important to respect a person's right to define himself for himself, IMO.

Me, I'm a jaywalker (AA humor)

Old 06-02-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Great points, I take the label and put 'ex-' in front of it, that works for me, means I have left it behind.

As for support, can't get enough of it, it means I am in touch with people which in turn means I am more in touch with myself.

Go for it Tyler, look forward to many more posts from you.

nogard
Old 06-02-2005, 08:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Your right your the only one who can do the work but we are all here to help and support you! Keep doing whatever it is you need to do in order to bring you success in your recovery.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

What's it matter what you call it a ducks a duck???
Old 06-02-2005, 09:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Quack Quack
Old 06-02-2005, 09:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Old 06-03-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

((((( CarrieG )))))) Well said and very funny to boot.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Awesome thread!! Very uplifting Tyler, rock on buddy!!

Doorknob
Old 06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Just A Diva With A Purpose

What's the big deal? Sounds like grandiosity and defiance to me. Terminal uniqueness on top--who ya trying to convince and why does it matter anyway? To thine ownself be true--good luck--and peace. Queenshenique
Old 06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

And let me further remind you Tyler. You are NOT god. Your BEST thinking got you here. Turn it over. You have no defense against the first drink/smoke. Let go and let GOD dammit!!! Just kiddin folks, couldn't resist... I'm sooooooooooo bad. Peace to all. SR is the shiznit!!

Doorknob
Old 06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Life is what it is. Stay clean/sober for today.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

As long as the goal is sobriety, the method can be whatever gets you to your goal.

I think we all should respect tyler's position, though some may not agree with his framing of it. Personally, I have never been much for labels. In general labels are established to organize and delineate. As a poster stated above, she identifies herself by multiple labels that are not all inclusive.

As for the 'one is better than the other' arguement.....don't fall into that trap. Recovery is a solitary journey that may have others walking beside you, but in the end you are the one taking the steps, and you must decide on the path.

-pedagogue
Old 06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

We are sick people trying to get better!!!
Don't drink or do drugs today my friends...THAT"S what matters!!!
luv ya Tyler
\\// Wendy
Old 06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by doorknob
I'm sooooooooooo bad. Peace to all. SR is the shiznit!!

Doorknob
Yes you are!!!LOL