Notices

Hello - I'm new to this...

Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello - I'm new to this...

Yeh I've bin out of treatment for 6 days (after 6 months). I feel a bit institutionalised and wonky and emotional.

I don't have much of an idea how to use these forums but they look useful. Is there any chat? I'm in England so the time zones might be a problem.

I don't like asking for help y'know, even this is wierd.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Jackdaw,
Welcome to SR.

Congrats on your sober time. I felt a little socially inept after getting out of treatment too:andy: . Don't worry it gets better. Plus you can practice in cyberspace for awhile!
I didn't like asking for help either, but I quickly learned that I had to if I wanted to stay sober!
Keep Reaching Out Chap!
Tanya
Old 06-01-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Jackdaw,

Welcome to SR.

nogard
Old 06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hello Tanya. It'll be my 6 months on the 11th. I had a detox on meth and diazepam which i aint counting.

Since thursday when I left treatment I just got on done the things i needed too. I never went back to my home city cos i only know people that use there. So after 6 months wrapped in cotton wool, I've come out to live in a strange city.

I've had an excellent week though. Every day I've woken, after sleeping well, feeling FREE, and happy. I've done my morning bit and gone out round Chester and explored, its been hot and sunny. I even went rowing on the river today. This is my 1st time abstinent. The idea of abstinence never occured to me in 18 years of drinking and using. So now i am paranoid that i need to have another go to convince me that i need 12-step recovery to stay clean. Everyone I've met in NA & AA seems to have a few gos at it it before they surrender.
See thats me over-complicating again. today i am clean & reasonably content.

David
Old 06-01-2005, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site! Your what 5 hours a head right? There is chat on here but nobody is ever in the rooms but if you post people usually respond pretty fast. You can always send private messages 2. Don't be afraid to ask for help everyone on here needs help and is willing to give advice and help as well. HAHA @ wonky... accent even shows through typing. My step dad is from England and I have been there about a thousand times. The best is when someone asks for a fag *cig*I always get a kick out of that. Keep coming back & posting!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Every day I've woken, after sleeping well, feeling FREE, and happy.
sweet.

I always hear people in AA talk about how we have to be drug kicking and screaming into paradise....when all we ever had to do was (is)simply....surrender....
This can be your last go at it.

Tanya
Old 06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome Jack! Yes we have chat, if you look at the main forum page you will see the chat forum near the bottom. There, you can find the scheduled meeting for chat otherwise your free to use the chat room as you wish. You wil need to register the first time in by clearing your name from the log in page THEN click "register". Newcomers chat tonight!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Jack! Glad that you are here!
Old 06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and

Welcome to SR!

Stick around...we love to have new members.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Welcome Jack!

Asking for help around here ain't so bad... it sure beats asking a bartender to help me fill my glass, help me empty my wallet, help me find the loo.

Stick around. I believe the greatest help SR offers is just knowing there are people like us all over the globe helping eachother for no other reason than it makes 'em feel good... even if they might not even know they're helping.

- Greg