Notices

problems with fatigue

Old 05-22-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

problems with fatigue

Is there much evidence in alcohol withdrawals with fatigue being a 'classic symptom'. Generally I feel fairly energetic, wake up well, don't drink coffee to excess, am well nourished and hydrated, sleep well and don't have a problem with my blood glucose. I could just fall asleep around 3 or 4pm and sleep for a few hours. This has just occurred over the last 2-3 days. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks Pearl
Old 05-22-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pearl,

This is normal in early sobriety. I am experiencing the exact same thing. I've heard from so many people that went thru this in the beginning and came thru it ok. Our bodies are healing right now and one day we are going to look back on this as nothing but a bad memory. The key is to be patient and wait on the process which is so hard to do, but when we feel wonderful again, it will be worth every second of the wait.

Keep hanging in there Pearl! You're doing great!

Hugs,
Cheryl
Old 05-22-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Big YOUBETCHA!! 3 weeks for me until I started eating more fruit taking vitamins, and lots of water.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes

Pearl...RX from Granny Carol...

Take a Multi Vitamin + B12 + a daily banana.

Congratulations on your sober time!!
Old 05-23-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its very normal Pearl...the hard part for me was learning to take a nap as a treat to myself. Enjoy that healing time as part of a new rhythm.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,

Thanks for this thread it has made me feel normal! Sorry to bump an old thread but I was wondering. I had a quite serious vodka and cocaine problem. I entered into detox and rehab on the 1st of February this year. While in there I started working out and got quite fit. After leaving I joined a gym and was going regularly. After about 2 months I was going and was unable to do anything after warming up and virtually falling asleep in there. I now sleep for well over 13 hours per day and I am constantly tired.

Does any have any advise for this or is it just vitamin pills, water and wait for it to pass?

Thank you so much in advance.