Notices

What are you thankful for today???

Old 05-18-2005, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
toxicwarrior

What are you thankful for today???

I'm thankful that my last relapse did not kill me !!! Not everone can say that. I'm thankful my wife did not leave me. I'm thankful to be home writiing this and not in jail. Most of all I am thankful that the LORD walks with me this day!!!! Please tell me what you are thankful for this day.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm thankful for being sober, SR, my family hanging in there with me and for God loving me when I couldn't love myself.

God brought me back to myself.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well,in the middle of my depression and feeling physically sick today, i did make a list of a few things...............i am thankful that i have my kids,a pretty decent job,being able to pay the bills,for everything in nature,and basically good health. oh, and this website!! and these people!!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I am thankful that my family is in a good place today. I am also thankful that I am in a good place!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

have you

newbies checked ou?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=56

I am grateful to see new members!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I am grateful to see all the newcomers also Carol ((hugs))

I am grateful for the sunshine and my "sonshines"
Old 05-19-2005, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post;

I am thankful for my sobriety, and the love and respect from my daughters that I feel I lost when using.
I'm grateful for SR, and the support here.
I am grateful for my health, both physically and spiritually
I'm grateful for my job, with people I love and enjoy being with
I'm grateful to my sponsor

I'm grateful to so much, but for now, these are the things that come to mind.

Have a great day every one
Diana
Old 05-19-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is a great post. So often many of us focus on the negative and forget the simple things that are blessings. I am thankful that I woke up with a choice this morning. There were so many days in the past that I didn't. I'm thankful that I don't have to "figure out" out how I got home last night. I'm thankful that God has given me a second chance at life. I'm thankful that I have real friends now, both here at SR and in the rooms of AA. I'm thankful for the sun that is shining and the birds that are singing, I can remember when I hated them both because I was just getting to bed when they came out. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sherry
Old 05-19-2005, 11:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paige

I am so thankful that I can see the smile on my daughter's face.
I am thankful that I can hear her 5 year old laughter and it brings a tear to my eye.
I thank GOD every second, that as a sober person, I will not miss one more MINUTE of this beautiful little girl! Thank you, thank you!!!!! I am HAPPY to be sober today...and so very thankful!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

I am thankful to be alive...like really really alive...like..not the walking, talking dead....but like a laughing, crying, breathing, dancing banana person.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am thankful for my daughter and the wonderful, smart, caring and positive young woman she is becoming! She will be heading off to college very soon and for so long I have been afraid for her, but watching her today I realised that she is going to be OK! {and I will be too!} That has got to be exciting...knowing that the whole world lies ahead of you and that you are forging a path for yourself! I am so happy and proud of her and thankful that I was given the chance to see it all take place!

Great thread!!
Jane
Old 05-20-2005, 02:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great post TW.Like Sherry said,its easy to forget the positive and focus on the negative.I am grateful for a lot today.I still have my bad days,who doesnt? Today is good.Its payday,I still have money in my pocket from last week,I have money in my savings back home,Im healthy and looking good,my temp home group here in Jersey meets tonight,I have goals and plans for my life,and I am happy for the first time in years.I am grateful for all my friends in recovery back in Oregon and grateful I found this site and all the people here.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

I am greatful for SR and all the great people here helping others while helping themselves.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

I'm thankful to have FINALLY gotten SLEEP last night ..... without sleep for about 4 days! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a miracle
Old 05-20-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
spirit

breathing and being here, that about does it!!!
kath
Old 05-20-2005, 05:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am a newbie to SR, however I gratefully have 7 months sobriety. Eventhough my heart is ripped to shreds with loneliness, I am ever so grateful to be feeling this pain rather thant the immeasurabe pain of my previous active addiction. I am grateful for the only two people in my life who do not use, friendship wise. I am thankful for all of the indiviuals I encounter in my AA community who are clean and sober and always there with a warm embrace, a kind word, or just the right encouragement when needed. Now, of course I am eternally grateful to this family, The Sober Recovery Home for Wayward Drunkies and Junkies. I am also grateful that God has chosen to let me live one more day, in hopes something I say or do throughout my day will encourage someone else to try the life that we have in recovery. Thank you one and all for being here. I look forward to reading everyday, sometimes twice per day your thoughts, and inspirations.

Big Love to you each and everyone.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

I'm grateful for RECOVERY!!!!!!