SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Athiest vs. Christian bear (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/58318-athiest-vs-christian-bear.html)

wantneeda 05-05-2005 09:25 AM

Athiest vs. Christian bear

:wave: Athiest vs. Christian Bear

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods.
"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7 foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out: "Oh my God!"

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps could you
make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice. The light went out. And the sounds of the forest resumed. And then the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together
and bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, Bless this food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly
thankful"

sherbear5104 05-05-2005 09:33 AM

That was cute, thanks for the laugh!

HPierce 05-05-2005 09:50 AM

lol that was hillarious!!!

CAPTAINZING2000 05-05-2005 09:51 AM

Wendy

(((hugs)))

english_peach 05-05-2005 09:57 AM

lol love it. Pokes fun at both sides.

I'm an athiest myself xx

Chy 05-05-2005 10:13 AM

Love it, must go in follies!

doorknob 05-05-2005 10:22 AM

That is cute, haven't seen that one for a while and was wishing I still had it on my computer. Hey! Atheist is spelled "ei"!! I know, acceptance...

Doorknob

wantneeda 05-05-2005 10:37 AM

ha ha ha...i think you're right doorknob...

kckman 05-05-2005 07:53 PM

If God speaks in the forest and turns a grizzly bear into a christian and then the only other animal in the forest with the cognitive ability to tell the story who happens to be the food blessed by God for the christian bear is eaten does God make a sound?

True Blue 05-05-2005 08:47 PM

:chairfall

wantneeda 05-06-2005 01:10 AM

Well Keith i had to read your reply 3 times...lol God's sounds are nature itself,i'm thinkin....

wantneeda 05-06-2005 09:57 AM

bear necessities... : )

kckman 05-06-2005 07:43 PM

Nature speaks for herself. You are so right Wendy. Thanks for the fun read. I just hope God has an open mind. I guess I will take my chances. life is a good ride when it is not bad.. At least that person who became the food was doing what they wanted to be doing in the end, living life for the moment. peace and love

tyler 05-06-2005 07:59 PM

that was pretty good kdkman!! I guess i figure it like my sig says "Just because I don't believe in God doesn't mean He doesn't exist." Only one way to truly find out and I'm not ready for that yet!!

wantneeda 05-06-2005 11:21 PM

: )...; )
are we still 2 steppin???

best 05-07-2005 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by tyler
Only one way to truly find out and I'm not ready for that yet!!

When you become ready some day, there are those who may give you some insight. I wouldn't wait for a bear to do it *LOL*