Notices

Is it possible?

Old 05-01-2005, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it possible?

to stay clean? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its not. Not for me. I admire you folks. You are doing so great!
Old 05-01-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Wolverine))))

You too can have the gift of sobriety... We all here are pulling and praying for ya buddie!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ama

Wolverine,

Keep posting and reading and you will see just how possible it really is and how you can live a great and rewarding life if you let go......

Just stay away from the first drink - it is that simple.........

I am pulling for you too!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read and post and trying to keep head above water here. I keep going to this site over and over again , hoping to be saved!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ama

Can you get to an AA meeting????? This might be just what you need?????
Old 05-01-2005, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Keep comming back Wollverine!! It is a process, it doesn't happen overnite. At least you continue to reach out for help. All I can do for you right now is send you a dancing bananna!!! There's three, they do a little line dance!! I know it is tough, but don't give up hope!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ama
Can you get to an AA meeting????? This might be just what you need?????

I am going to NA meetings... have been at 2 and is going back tuesday to get a sponsor
Old 05-01-2005, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

tyler. thanks , I like bananas! do you want a kiwi or something? LOL
Old 05-01-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hey Woverine,,,faith the size of a mustard seed is all one needs to start out with!!
Just don't give up Hope. I have faith in you, i believe in you, You are worth the fight!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

It's a hard battle, which I have lost several times since trying to get clean. I'm not giving up the fight yet and you can't either. Keep going to the meetings. Yesterday when I went I talked about all I want right now is to be high, it drives me crazy. Someone said just keep coming back, your body is here and eventually your mind will follow.
Stay with us, we need you here.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am staying here , thats for sure! I just dont know what to do...I cant control myself. . Why cant we just get high?
Old 05-01-2005, 04:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

tell us something about yourself other than something about dope...what was your best subject in school?
Old 05-02-2005, 04:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know how u feel Wolverine. Ive been on this site 2 weeks, and fell of wagon 4 times since and feel like a bit of a fraud for being here, seems like everyone else is doing so well.

I wish u could buy willpower in the shops!

Mo x
Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey there is no right or wrong way to get clean and it takes what it takes ya'll be strong and keep reaching out you can make it...
Old 05-02-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey W and LBP...

Don't be discouraged or compare yourselves to other's stories of staying clean....maybe they just didn't (like myself!) let everyone know about their early attempts AND failures!! I know that I fell and got up many many times in the privacy of my addiction...I think you are doing the right thing being open about it, and it may help you get through the testing period more easily. The numbers of people who were successful the first time, second, third, etc must be very low.

Best Wishes for today.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by splendra
tell us something about yourself other than something about dope...what was your best subject in school?
Hmmmm I havent been good at school since I was in primary school...and back then everyhting was easy....
Old 05-02-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlebopeep
I know how u feel Wolverine. Ive been on this site 2 weeks, and fell of wagon 4 times since and feel like a bit of a fraud for being here, seems like everyone else is doing so well.

I wish u could buy willpower in the shops!

Mo x
no everyone else is not doing so much better than you....then I think about me.I feel so close to you cause we came here the same time and I been reading your posts and yeah I feel like i know you. please stay here with me
Old 05-02-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I hope you dont think I am such a whiner, I am not usally that but I just feel I can say whatever here at the site.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

We are here for you--
Old 05-02-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
still moment by moment

I never did heroin, although I ate pain pills like M&Ms... so I don't know how much different it is.... but about a year ago I looked my husband straight in the eye on night after we had put the kids to bed and I said...

"If Heroin is so great and fun, why can't we just do it? If drugs make people feel so good, what is so bad about feeling good? Who says doing drugs is so bad?"

He looked back at me like I was insane, and then just blew the question off because he thought I was goofing around. (He did not know that I was sporting a 20/day vicodin habit by then).

But I actually felt like that. I was actually trying to rationalize drug use. Sometimes today I think - why can't I just keep this habit? I really enjoy it. It wasn't really hurting anyone, etc.

I started serious sobriety on January 31st but I have feel off the wagon a few times. (Although I have spent many days sober since then and I feel very good about that). Sometimes I wonder, why work this hard? I was doing fine on those drugs. Really, if I hadn't gotten caught would I be trying this sober thing out?

But then, I come out to this website and write those words down and I realize how stupid those words sound.

So I have no real point except that I understand this part of your life. And lots of people do. Seeing people come out on the other end and having them tell us how great sobriety is.... that is very very helpful.

I have met some people in AA, (and here) that have a better handle on happiness and serenity as a recovering addict than most of the general population without addiction problems does. I find that absolutely fascinating.

I'm going to keep hanging around until - HOPEFULLY - it rubs off on me enough for me to not only stop falling off the wagon but to actually want to drive the wagon.

Erin