Notices

Drinking with dinner

Old 05-01-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking with dinner

Hiya all, i am having spagetti bolignase for dinner tonight, the problem is i ALWAYS have a few glasses of wine with it, then polish of the bottle after. Now i am having a MAJOR craving for drink and it is doing my head in. I think i am craving it more than normal as i have just addmited i have a problem so it is clearly out of bounds.

I just want a drink so much!

Any tips on getting over the craving?

Take care, bonnie,xxx
Old 05-01-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi fishyfishy!

I am brand new here and will start not drinking tomorrow. I too love wine and wine goes sooooooo well with so many things! My boyfriend who is also going to quit drinking is a chef and he makes many dishes that contain alcohol. We've discussed it and decided that we cannot have those dishes anymore -- it's just too much temptation. When he makes a pan sauce with a splash of wine and butter that leaves a bottle of wine in the house that we always finish off. Always. I can't imagine being able to go buy a bottle of wine, use a tad in a dish and then not drink the rest of it. It just won't work. Maybe you should avoid having the spaghetti. Can you go for a walk? Call a friend? Or just hang out with us! Probably not much help but I'm trying.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you fun, no you are a help. I am going to have my spaggeti (I love it!) then, when i am normally drinking i am going to have a lovely long hot bath.Somehow though it doesnt really compare So your stopping tommorow then fun? Have you thought about AA? its great, ive been twice in the last two days, it is really helpfull, although i have a long way to go you should think about it!

Take care, bonnie,xxxx
Old 05-01-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes tomorrow is sober day #1. I've been drinking everyday all day for the past two weeks -- it's part of my cycle. I can go awhile not drinking or just having some wine with dinner but then something happens that sets me off and I go on a binge. I am looking into AA and other treatments -- I think I need outside help of some sort -- it's so hard asking for help but coming to these boards has been a good step in that direction.

And hey, I have a long way to go too. It's okay. We can make it!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes fun! coming on here is a major step! well done to you! go to AA or another treatment when you are ready sweetie. It is very scarey, i was terrified last night and even today.

We will make it!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wine in cooking

Just a thought - I don't even know yet because I am just starting recovery myself - you can buy those little bottles of wine for cooking. This may be okay for some folks and not for others. For all I know it may not be okay for me but I'll find out soon.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dalyman2, have you tried to quit yet?