Notices

Hello, I am a newcomer.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Anyone hear voices?

Thank you for all your kind words. I just woke up, nearly late for work. I thought I best write this before going to work. I didn't sleep well again last night, and feel tired this morning, and little 'fuzzy' in the mind. Did any of you hear people talking in your mind when first you stopped drinking? Last night when I laid down to go to sleep, I heard like voices, I don't know what they were saying, and then I would hear a voice call my name. No, I don't usually hear them, this happened a couple of other times when I had quit drinking. I was just asking if this might be a side symptom of not drinking at first.
Curious Quilter.....49 hours
Old 05-04-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes, the voices are pretty common. I had the voices too. I have been sober for 12 days now and I don't hear them anymore. It may take a few days but don't worry, they do go away.
Hang in there.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good Morning to the third day!

I was so tired yesterday when I got off work, instead of drinking after work I have been trying to keep busy. I went to bed early and I feel like I slept TOO hard and feel lousy this morning. My mind seem to still be fuzzy and I have a little trouble thinking clearly. Like I am trying to remember something that is just out of my reach. I sound like a NUT! I hope this 'unease' feeling passes soon. I seem to be remembering that prehaps that was part of my reasons for drinking, my body hurts all over, also.
Quilter.......61 hours
Old 05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

way to go Quilter!! 61 hours is awesome!!
Take it easy on yourself...your are experiencing withdrawal no doubt...you may want to visit a doctor, seriously.
I know one for certain..taking a drink now would only be a quick fix..and having to start this detox process from the beginning..you are off to such a great start!!
I had a hard time thinking clearly for a couple of months...but it does pass!!
Keep up the good fight!!
\\peace, Wendy
Old 05-27-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Smile 25 days sober for Quilter

Hi! Everyone!
Today is day 25 of not having any alcohol! I have been keeping busy....busy....busy....(did I say I have been keeping busy?) I have had some bad times, and came through them. After going through some of my withdrawel symptoms, the phrase, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" . At times the 'confusion' in my mind was so overwhelming that I just sat and cried and cried. It was very painful, but, I kept telling myself that this was something I have to deal with, due to my own stupidity that got myself into this addiction. I am now just realizing all the pain I was trying to run from by numbing myself with alcohol. I can see that the benefits from being sober, dispite the pain getting there, will be worth it. I hope all of you are doing well and sober and happy.
Quilter
Old 05-27-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

good 4 u

Keep coming back

chris