Notices

I am new.. be gentle please

Old 04-29-2005, 06:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi max and welcome! Hope you stick around and see your not alone and there is much support to be had!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Madmax, welcome and good job on 2 days.
Stick with us, the winners!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi madmax and welcome. This is a great place to come for support. Heidi had a good suggestion. I know that AA saved my life. Then it gave me a new life. SoberRecovery is a wonderful addition to my program. The people here are very caring and understanding. Stick around and get to know us.

Sherry
Old 04-30-2005, 12:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome Madmax,, so glad you found your way here!!!
I'm in Canada, we've had snow and some yukky cold ,windy days here,,,but you know? I'm alive, clean and sober, safe and smilin', one day at a time, my friend.
As the days go by it gets easier not to pick up that drink, to not want to pick up that drink. Drinking and drugging was killing me, some days slower than others but killing me all the same. After that fog lifted a bit, i so realized that i must have a purpose in this life, today i'm determined to live, to be all that i can be. AA and SR has been a lifeline for me. I hope you find what you're looking for and keep coming back!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Madmax glad you found us -I'm a brit too .....
Youll get lots of help and support here on SR hope you keep coming back love Lulu x
Old 04-30-2005, 03:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
We generally don't arrive here without a little miserable Max...
Fact is, a lot of us who've been sober for a bit still have miserable days. We just get through them without getting juiced.
I don't know how much you drank up until two days ago, bur chances are good you're in the middle of alcohol withdrawal, and that's never pleasant.
Do you have any info on withdrawal, and what to look for as warning signs, and some of the things we can do to ease the discomfort?
i dont have any info Dan.. are you able to direct me to it or perhaps email me the info..?.. thanks
Old 04-30-2005, 05:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Derek

Welcome to SR. I'm down in Devon - glad that you're here.

JC
Old 04-30-2005, 05:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Dan

I posted a link for you in your other thread Max.
I've done the withdrawal tango so many times. And in retrospect, the episodes that were clearly the worst ones were the times I isolated myself, almost folding up into myself. Try and avoid that. Keep posting. Dump how you feel. A burden shared is made that much lighter.
Withdrawal does not last forever.
Getting through it, however, is no fun.
But it must be done, in order to be able to think a little more clearly, and start making decisions for the immediate future, in regards to alcohol consumption, which clearly isn't working for you anymore Max.
Keep posting.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Max a warm welcome coming your way from Canada.....you gotta know you've been guided here for a reason, and blessed finding SoberRecovery.

The people here are, well looks like you already know, what a gang of understanding supportive loving family you have now, who will hang with you till you can pick yourself up. Stick with the gang, let them teach you, but you really need to LISTEN ok, really LISTEN, and don't let ANYONE or ANYTHING get in your way on your journey to sobriety, FREEDOM.

Sending good possitive thoughts your way.....love, Denise.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Max,

Deg here in Derby. Welcome to the club. Well done on your first few days.

It's all about keeping on buggering on. And if you do that, you'll never look back. Keep posting and let us know how you're getting on. If I can help at all, just shout.

Deg.