SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I am a fraud. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/57687-i-am-fraud.html)

tyler 04-28-2005 08:09 PM

I am a fraud.

This will be my last post. I am a fraud. I give advice to people that I don't take myself. If I can't control my own demons what business do I have offering advice to others. I only hope I haven't hurt any others by the posts I have made. Maybe I will come back someday when I get my *hit together, but I think it is best that I leave for now.

splendra 04-28-2005 08:13 PM

((((tyler)))

Aw come on man we need you here and sometimes we do have to fake it till we make it. So give yourself a break....

Ann 04-28-2005 08:15 PM

Tyler, why don't you stick around and see if there's something that gives back to you? We're here for the addict who still suffers, and if that's you, you're already in the right place.

Hugs
Ann

wonderboy75 04-28-2005 08:20 PM

Tyler,

PLEASE don't leave. READ MY NEWEST THREAD UNDER NA.
You were one of the first people to talk to me..
Your help has been INCREDIBLE.
Come back please.
I.M. me...
I've been a fraud too. But it's a step. Promise...

hopealwayz 04-28-2005 08:48 PM

Tyler,

Don't leave! Fake it til you make it! Stick around with us. We all help each other and never give up on anyone. Don't give up on yourself. Please stay. We all have something to offer each other. You are a wonderful piece of a beautiful puzzle.

Love,
Hope

best 04-28-2005 09:15 PM

Hey Tyler

I went to school for plant science. I can tell you how to grow a plant but I can't keep them alive myself. I sure know what not to do because I live it. Still though I can tell others and show others how they can grow and keep things alive. Just seem to not be able to do it myself just yet.

15,000 people come to this site or have come.
Show me just ONE if you can that has it ALL together.

Not one of us are perfect. We all are working towards a better way and life.
Share what you have and when you learn more you will be able to share more.

Doug 04-28-2005 10:10 PM

Theres basically two reasons to be here Tyler, to help, or be helped.

There is no requirement to specify which one when joining us. Do what you feel is best for you, and remember, your not alone, and your not the first. ;)

Lilalkie 04-29-2005 03:22 AM

"The only requirement for AA membership is a DESIRE to stop drinking." It doesn't say you have to quit drinking entirely to attend. And I'm pretty sure the same thing holds true for this message board. We all struggle with our demons everyday and sometimes we do have better advice to give that we don't always take. We talk the talk but don't walk the walk. But eventually, when you're surrounded by the other members who have "figured it out" long enough, something rubs off on you. Trust me. I was in and out of AA and various support groups before I finally made my own steps in recovery. Don't beat yourself up. If you need help, the worst thing you can do is walk away from the people who care about you and want to help. Stick around!

In memory of miracle 04-29-2005 03:44 AM

Tyler

People who are frauds,dont usually see that about themselves. I am sure you are being as honest as you can be right now.There have been different stages of honesty in my recovery as well. Sounds like you had the big moment. Stick around and share with us.

Wolverine 04-29-2005 05:00 AM

No you are wrong, you are not a fraud. you just struggle with addiction like the rest of us. Please stay here. I need you. We need you. Lets go thru this together, okay?

wingsfree 04-29-2005 05:19 AM

Oh dear (((Tyler))).....what you've written I could have written it myself, I know how you feel, I do the same thing......try and give advice, and keep belly flopping myself, how dare I.

But you know you need to change your thinking here, you are HELPING others you just don't know it. I hope when I give advice especially where I'm sitting right now, that it will help others not to turn back to this insanity. You belong here, YES you do, I do totally understand how you feel, I wanted to leave after about a month being here, I thought what the heck, you've tried to stop the first month here and failed, that's how I seen it.....we are up against something pretty darn STRONG....I've learned so much from everyone here, and if my advice helps others....and YOUR advice helps others, I see that as a huge POSSITIVE, something we need.

Please reconsider, come back and give your advice, who better to give it, we all understand one another here. I've been acting like a lunatic lately, just lovely...don't ask, ok ask, post here when I've drank and feel like such a fool after, and wonder WHY I continue to do that, it's brought a lot of crap out of me, still doesn't feel good, and I hope I'm done with that, hey I wanted to kill my computer because of it....oh this disease is a real wonder isn't it? so all the more reason for me to get it together too.

Don't be gone to long, grab hold of my hand and we'll work harder together on this ok? give me your advice, I'll glady take it and use it, we are sick, and the more help we get the better.

Time4Me11 04-29-2005 05:30 AM

TYLER

In the great and long lineage of Buddhist teachers...the greatest and often most profound have been th biggest f**k ups! They had to do the most work and be the most dogged to grow.

So you get yourself back here...I really appreciate what you have to offer.

PS...if interested Pema Chodron (a wonderfully down to earth buddhist writer and teacher) has many wonderful stories about those great teachers.

littlebopeep 04-29-2005 05:34 AM

Don't go, Im a fraud too. I only came here for the first time 2 weeks ago and in the time Im fell off the wagon 3 times and you took time to talk to me.

Please reconsider.

Mo x

boop64132 04-29-2005 05:39 AM

Tyler,
You are not a fraud!
Maybe the advice you give,will someday help you take it also!

Stay here,you are off to a great start by being so honest!

ups_n_downs 04-29-2005 05:52 AM

These demons are horrendous, aren't they?

I don't believe that there is anyone here who doesn't understand. Think about it. Fraud? I would say that a pretty good chunk of people going through this life are frauds. So where do you fit in? Right here.
K

hopealwayz 04-29-2005 06:08 AM

(((Tyler)))

mackat 04-29-2005 06:13 AM

tyler

we are funny, we addicts

me, i spent long years lookin at everyone else.

finally.

the Real Work could begin..

hugs
mackat

quercusalba 04-29-2005 06:33 AM

Tyler...

Just look at all of these people pulling for you... so many of us have stumbled, trust me on that one, myself very much included. Please stay. I have enjoyed reading what you've had to offer - you have much more to offer than you seem to believe. Like others have said, maybe one day you *will* take your own good advice. This is such a difficult struggle... stick with us. Work hard. You CAN make it, and you are *not* a fraud.

Please stay.

*hugs*
--anne

mishelly 04-29-2005 06:47 AM

Hey Tyler...a little something from the Big Book to think about...

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves....

...We thought we could find an easier softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold onto our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely. Remember that we deal with alcohol...cunning, baffling, powerful! Without help it is too much for us....

...Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point...

Many of us exclaimed..."What an order! I cannot go through with it." Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints.

Now we already know you are capable of being honest...you've shown that. I think you are just at that turning point and in the end it's as simple as this...you have a choice to make as we all do...alcoholic death or recovery and fellowship.

I myself only admitted to even having a problem two weeks ago and I only have seven days sobriety...BUT... I've been in and out of the program for four years. It's taken me that long, and eventually finding this site, to come around to accepting what I am and make a concious decision that I don't want to live that life anymore.

Tyler, I realize some of this may be a little harsh-sounding, but believe me, it's said with love, the kind you find in the fellowship...like they say, "Let us love you until you can love yourself"...:hug: Hope you don't go...

Dan 04-29-2005 06:52 AM

I am a fraud.

Oh no.
You're finding your way.

Big, very big difference amigo.