Notices

I am a fraud.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

This thread has brought tears to my eyes. This is the real meaning of recovery, the true spirit of one addict/alcoholic helping (or lifting up) another. The support we provide eachother is enormous. I remember waiting on this forum when I began moderating it for someone to show up and here we are all bonding together in our struggle for a better way of life.

None of us are really frauds. We're trying our best against a disease that wants the best of us. One time when I wrote a similar thread on this web-site, not about relapse but about something I had done that I wasn't proud of, I got so much support and validation that it started me on the road to believing in myself.

Thanks for starting this thread Tyler because you taught us how much support we can find here when we need it.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Dan

Gotta agree with Stephanie, Tyler...
The spirit of SR keeps me coming back to this community.
Threads like this one are the reason this place exists.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
I am a fraud.

Oh no.
You're finding your way.

Big, very big difference amigo.
AMEN, to that...Dan.....I am still LOOKING.....Kahlia
Old 04-30-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Tyler,
I am so glad you decided to stay here. Your post was one of the first I started reading last night in my search for help, and then, when I figured out how to post my own, asking for help. There you were! Thank you SO much, from what I have read in your 'thread', you have been very helpful for many people.
You made me think, about myself not being true to myself. Prehaps, I am in denial and the fraud? I had never thought of my 'problem' in that way. Thank you.
Quilter
Old 04-30-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I can honestly say that when I started this thread the last thing on my mind was helping anyone!! I honestly expected to get a few responses from a a couple of people that I corapond with and that it would be burried soon. It is a bit embarrassing so I kinda wish it would get burried!! But if it has been a help to anyone other than me (and it has been an incredible boost for me!!) I think that is wonderful. Again, thanks so much for all the responses.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

TYLER,
KEEP ON COMING BACK!!! one of these days we frauds "get it" in the meantime you are helping others and that aint fraudulent.

indigo
Old 04-30-2005, 03:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Tyler)))

I know exactly how you felt when you wrote that post. I've been down that same path. It took me awhile to start making sense of recovery and how it works. Today, I have a better understanding of the process and it's working for me. It can work for you as well. Never give up! Good luck...
Old 04-30-2005, 04:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey Tyler -

I hope you keep sharing your experience, strength and hope...

we do recover!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Hey Tyler...very glad to log on and see you're still here...
Old 05-01-2005, 05:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

(((Tyler)))

:loons

Yipppppppppieeeeee is all I can say sooooooo happy you're back, we keep at this monster till we get it.....don't let it get the best of you, it sure loves doing that to us, doesn't it? I'll let you in a secret, I asked to be banned two times because I thought I was being so awful posting drunk messages, who the heck asks to get banned from a message board? not once but twice, lordy I tell you, alcoholic hormonal woman at times...hahaha...first time for everything I suppose, the gang knew it wasn't a good thing for me, and they were right, I'm happy I'm back, and with a different name, it was sorta hard for (((Chy))) my sis to get me back in, so I have a new name now....Justme! aka justme2. Anyways glad you're here with us.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Tyler, Great thread I am gald you are still with us, I think that 40$ is money well spent. Better to waste the booze then let the booze waste you. Good luck to you. A day at a time. It does take practice doesnt it?
Old 05-01-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
badmojo76

by giving up your only giving in and taking control back.
JFT is the only way to do it, but you cant keep what you have by not trying to live the principles and let go of all the od ********. You got to be true to yourself man[QUOTE]
"Just for today My thoughts will be on my recovery, living and enjoying life without the use of drugs.

Just for today I will have faith in someone in NA who beleives in me and wants to help me in my recovery.

Just for today I will have a program. I will try to follow it to the best of my ability.

Just for today through NA I will try to get a better perspective on my life.

Just for Today I will be unafraid, my htoughts will be on my new associations, peoople who are nnot using and who have found a new way of life. So long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear."

1)your thoughts are on your recovery cause you are here and not using.

2) we all have faith in you and beleive in you other wise we wouldnt be here.

3)it's a process that is learned over time, you'll have your good days and your bad if it was easy why you stop using and get clean you need days like today to help you learn how to make it through the rest of today and be better prepared for the next that why we have NA so we are "Never Alone"

4)"So long as you follow that way you have nothig to fear"

Dont give up man give in ..... to your HP and Recovery
Old 05-02-2005, 07:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Paige

Tyler,

Everyone here is finding their way. It took a lot to admit what you did...don't go. Stay and we can all work together!

Paige
Old 05-02-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wow, Tyler...i have only just found this thread...i need to tell you that i like having you around very much....you give a lot. Warmest wishes Evanna.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Ama

Together we can and do move mountains. The insurrmountable becomes less scary. We learn not just to be sober but to think sober and think recovery and realise that a good life exists for us all. We share our experiences - our ups and our downs. We admit our failings - of which mine are many and thus I truely identify with the word fraud.

But as the posts so eloquently tell you ( & I) we are getting better and trying to.
Keep coming back.......to your new home here at SR
Old 05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

heh tyler
i am glad you are here

and i am ALWAYS intrigued by where i find my lessons...
where i find my teachers
Old 05-02-2005, 06:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

(((((((((((Tyler)))))))))))))(((((((((((((((((All SR's)))))))))))))))))))))))

Well, Mr. T, I saw your post wishing this thread would just go away. Sorry my friend. It appears it is not going today. I SOOOOOOO agree with the others that this is a perfect example of what recovery is all about. Glad you have decided to stick around, Tyler.

I have a feeling this thread might be around a while.............

Hugs--