Notices

Serenity Defined

Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paige

Serenity Defined

Went to a great AA meeting today. Cathy J. passed this out to everyone at the end of the meeting. I thought it was awesome...especially since I am in the very early stages (87 days) of sobriety. I hope someone else will appreciate it. Thanks!
Love,
Paige

GOD - A name and concept of a higher power to whom we turn our lives over to
GRANT-to assure a knowingness of the orderliness of God's eternity; a prized condition that we earn through our efforts
ME-the I AM, of self, the true self in all instances
the SERENITY-Presence of mind in the here and now -viewing the Reality of whatever conditions and circumstances that may be occurring ... Not fighting Reality with illusions of how things should or should not be.
to ACCEPT - to acknowledge the Truth of Reality, to take what is offered or given, to receive willingly... As we are given Life, one moment, one condition, one circumstance, one happening at a time
the things I cannot change....Reality, period...Reality cannot be changed. It simply is. And no amount of mind bending illusion creating will change it. The Truth is the Truth and it needs no defense. The only thing we humans can do with Reality is change our point of view, our perspective. Reality itself will remain unchanged.
the Courage... The ability to make the Responsible Decisions Necessary and take Action to DO the things we already know need to be done in the face of unknown outcomes and consequences.. Our Life is determined by the decisions and actions that we take and the thoughts that we hold, by no other forces. We must in all cases live with the consequences of our decisions or our lack of decision. Life cannot be lived any other way.
to change the things I can...The only thing that we can change is our perspective as we view Reality, learning to make better Responsible Decisions, living our way to better thinking each moment.
And Wisdom to Know the Difference... Wisdom, an acquired trait through the experience of life, a recognition and remembrance of the things which do or do not coincide with Reality, which do or do not work, of the things which are true, which are honest, for that is the meaning of Truth, Rigorously Honest
Old 04-28-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow Paige, thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've seen this before. Thanks for sharing it Paige!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

I'm going to print this out...
Thanks for sharing!
Shalom!