Notices

He's leaving...and my heart is breaking.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy He's leaving...and my heart is breaking.

Well, it's official now... the love of my life is leaving. He will be leaving in a month and I can feel my heart breaking already. This is going to be so hard for me and after he leaves, I'm going to have to pick the pieces back up. I'm not going to use over this, but I do have a lot of work to do to heal from this pain. Support will be very important to me in getting thru this.

He was worried about leaving me and I told him it was ok for him to go if that is what he really wanted. I told him that I won't stand in his way because it was his life and he had to do what he wanted, not what I wanted. I told him that I was going to let go...and I trying to let go. This is something I am working on now.

Life isn't easy, but the lessons I'm learning thru this pain may one day help someone else with a similar experience.

(((SR A-Z)))

Love ya lots!!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow
hope!

sounds incredibly healthy---big affirmations!
and i know the pain - hearts are gonna go where hearts are gonna go but it never seems to make it easier.
glad you are here.
glad you are not using today
Old 04-21-2005, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Hope,

sorry about your break up. I don't know all the story. You know the old saying?

[IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE SET THEM FREE]

Any relationship has to grow and evolve. Sometimes, we find out the person we think we love doesn't want the same things. Some times, we don't know what we want for ourselves not alone our life with someone else in it.

I do believe, it's better to have loved and lost then to never have had love at all.
Just keep on being the sweet person you are and love will come your way

********{HUGS)))))
Old 04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks!

I'm still just learning about those healthy boundaries which has been a *huge * challenge. LOL. Well worth the challenge though.

:saywhat?:
Old 04-22-2005, 03:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is probably one of the more painful things that I have had to deal with in a long time.

I need: and :rose

To help me get over:

Friends needed.

Instant tears, just add water.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Hope))))
Friends here...whenever you need...
Shalom!
Old 04-22-2005, 04:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So sorry ur having to go thru that, I know its a cliche (!!!is that how you spell it!!!) but be strong. If bad thoughts come into your head, try to replace it with a good one. It seems ur surrounded by friends here, take comfort from that.

I have a wonderful book that I bought when I was going thru the same as you "How to mend your broken heart" Paul McKenna. The opening passage is as follows....

Heartbreak is a very strange distress. It is exquisitely painful, and yet we cannot find an injury on our body. It is like one big emotional pain but it also seems to spark off hundreds of other emotions. We hate the feeling of heartbreak and yet we find ourselves compelled to go over and over memories, ideas or fantasies which make the feeling worse.

Heartbreak can happen slowly when we realize that we are in a relationship from which all the love has gone, However it happens, after the shock, it takes some time for the reality to sink in. Then we experience a welter of feelings. The emotional bombardment is overwhelming. We have an emotional mechanism that allows us to recover from losses and from pain. If we didn't have that the whole world would be in mourning forever. Bereavement, parting and suffering are unavoidable parts of our life experience. The natural way we recover is thru grieving.

Im sorry for the loss of your relationship. Keep centered, don't slip back into using, try to keep peace with yourself.

Much love, Littlebopeep xxx
Old 04-22-2005, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hugs Hope.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Hope)))

You have lots of friends here to help ease the pain. One day at a time, it will get better. I know the pain of a broken heart, but it will heal. I'm glad to hear that you chose not to use over it. Keep that affirmation. We all know that using will not fix the problem, only make it worse. You can, and will, get through this! :rose
Old 04-22-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

i'm very sorry hope but it sounds like your going to be ok. good to hear your not going to use over this. keep up the great work.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad I have my wonderful friends here to help me get thru this. This pain is almost unbearable. Who ever knew that emotional pain could be so horrible?

Pray that my heart heals quickly.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

(((hopealwayz)))

Stay strong and grow. There is a plan for you. Have patience and you will find happiness.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

God is in control and it is about finding patience to wait on His will instead of running my own self-will. When I try to follow my will, I run into walls.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chy

I'm so sorry your hurting, break ups even amicable ones are never easy, but I'm so proud of your strength and courage, you've grown so much in a short time*hugs*
Old 04-22-2005, 09:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

((((Hope)))))

I'm here for you,,i've been where you are...this too shall pass. I was reading something yesterday about sayings like that...when we are having good times they too shall pass, the not so good times will to.
I feel you are strong, courageous and where you are supposed to be...i too believe things happen for a reason...when one door closes another opens.
You're in my thoughts and prayers Hope, keep on keeping on!! :rose
Old 04-22-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

We look at ourselves and think, it's me. That's EGO talking. If, we are being a good person, we don't or we shouldn't take the end of a relationship to heart. It takes every human experience we have to mold us into who we are
Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

Hi hopealwayz

you're not alone ,stay open
Old 04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hope,

You are doing amazingly well and I'm so sorry that you are going through this. You know you can depend on all your SR friends to send you hugs and help you find your way.

Love, Anna
Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh, Hope... I'm so sorry. You have the strength - and the support from us! - to get through this. I'm sure it doesn't seem like the hurt will ever abate... but it will. And you have a good, healthy attitude about what's happening. Wishing you courage and love,
--anne
Old 04-22-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Love and hugs to you, Hope!!!!