Notices

I dont want to go out but its hard not to.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I dont want to go out but its hard not to.

It's hard for me not to go out and get snowed on. Im inbetween psy meds for depression, anxiety, add and apathy. Just need some support.

I drink now to controll the symptoms but it makes the cravings worse. Obviously

Just looking for others who know my pain. Sorry to bother you with this obivously newbie thread that Im sure you've got a million times before. I guess getting it out feels better.

Thank you,

Rid
Old 04-13-2005, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Hey man,

It's not bother, we've all been there. It is hard, but there is help out there. This is a great place to start. Look around the boards, look at some of the programs available, including the 12-step alternative section. It's getting late for me and I've got to be up early, but I just wanted to welcome you to our little dysfunctional family. Stick around, ask questions and post how your feeling. It will help you and can also help other's reading. Take care,

Peace,

Tyler
Old 04-13-2005, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tyler
Hey man,

It's not bother, we've all been there. It is hard, but there is help out there. This is a great place to start. Look around the boards, look at some of the programs available, including the 12-step alternative section. It's getting late for me and I've got to be up early, but I just wanted to welcome you to our little dysfunctional family. Stick around, ask questions and post how your feeling. It will help you and can also help other's reading. Take care,

Peace,

Tyler
Wow,, I didnt expect such a quick repley. But it's a great help. I will take advantage of your suggestions for sure,,, and I thank you very much for the support. Really. Take care.

Rid
Old 04-13-2005, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Together we are stronger

I'm new at this so please don't take offense if I say the wrong thing. All I know is you, me and the people who visit here are fighting the good fight. You will win, I will win and we will win. I think it's the power of positive thinking and baby steps...
1 day sober, that's all I'm trying for...
Maybe you can tommorrow too...

Till next time,
Wonderboy
Old 04-14-2005, 12:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi

I meet many of the symptoms of ADD. I also have had depression and anxiety. I have found the book 'Feeling Good' by David Burns helpful. I'm currently reading 'Right-brained children in a left-brained world' which relates to new-ish ADD theory (though not comprehensively). I am unmedicated and don't drink. Everyone's an individual. I wish you well.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Ridley.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Ridley and Wonderboy

Keep posting and letting people in on what's going on with you...you will get a lot of support here.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keep coming back - Yeah Right!

Welcome "our" friend. . . together we will walk the walk. . .
Old 04-14-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know your pain, I have felt what your feeling. I can tell you if you just take this recovery thing day by day and don't use no-matter what, the pain will be healed. The 12 steps continue to heal the pain I have suffered, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. That by being able to be clean for a minute my dreams are coming true. My dream was just not to use for one day. I had this dream for the last 3 years of my active addiction. Today, more dreams are unveiling..... Lost Dreams Awaken New Possiblities Arise....... Keep Coming Back!! Your life will get better over time....
Old 04-14-2005, 10:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love the positive support here. I was thinking I might get bashed but you people are great. I thank you. We are all trying.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Welcome Ridley-

Be very gentle with yourself. I have found that there have been times when I can only go one minute at a time and they add up into hours and days, My best wishes go out to you. I see your reaching out as a huge leap of faith!!! Keep posting
Old 04-15-2005, 04:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Ridley and Wonderboy!!

We're all on the same journey. It's great to be on the journey with you guys...one day at a time!