Notices

I need help

Old 04-09-2005, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help

I am sitting here on my computer, thinking that I need help, only to be frustrated by signing on to this web site. Took forever. I am drinking right now, and want to stop.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi gary , how much and what are you drinking.? that can usually tell people how much stress and how bigger problems you got ,how long you been drinking?and what do you think caused it.?

regards.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome Gary!
Glad you found your way here!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stick around and read the posts here. There are a lot of valuable resources to be found here at SR.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Gary welcome to SoberRecovery.If you wanna stop drinking you have come to the right place.Have you tried AA yet?
Old 04-09-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gary...
Glad you found SR and are thinking about life without the drink.
This is a great place to meet others who are in the same boat and to find tools to help you accomplish your goal.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Gary,

Well done for sharing your feelings on line. It is a very brave thing to do. Take one step at a time and don't be too hard on your self. You are great!
Old 04-10-2005, 12:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Gary,

do the next right thing, find an AA meeting. I've got an old timer here in my area from there. Any help on meetings in your area, I'll try and help you find one. There's probably a lot of posters from that area on here as well. You want to quit, we'll try and give you our ESH.

keep coming back, it's good to have you on board

Chris
Old 04-10-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Welcome!!!!! You have found an awesome place. psssst...if you think you need help you probably do. I could never have stayed in recovery without help. Living sober is nothing short of a miracle. This is a great place to start, as suggested AA also,its a lifeline i can't do without. If you want to stop.......only you can do it my friend, nobody else. reach out , you're worth it! \\//peace
Old 04-10-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((((((Gary)))))))))))
Frustration kept me drinking for quite some time but at least your frustrated while looking for a solution. Hope to catch up with you online soon. After you get a little more frustrated trying to figure out signing into the Chatroom here, maybe we can meet to chat livetime?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi Gary, Welcome to SR. I live in Sedona AZ glad that you found this place. I hope that you put down the drink and get sober i would like to see you at a AA meeting. Be Cool. BikerBill8
Old 04-10-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

(((Gary)))

Find AA. Soon. Look in the phone book. Make the call. Your life depends on it. Literally. The only result of untreated alcoholism is insanity or death. I've been AA sober over 16 years.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Gary,

Hope this day finds you well. There are lots of philosophies on addiction out there. If you are serious about quitting, AA is one option, but you may want to check out: SMART Recovery; Secular Organization for Sobriety; or Rational Recovery as well.

It's up to you to decide what will probably work best for you.

In a nutshell, AA takes the approach that drinking is a disease, and the cure is to seek support from others with drinking problems and connect with a Higher Power.

CBT, or cognitive behavioral methods take the approach that drinking is a behavior, and the solution is to quit on your own using behavior modification therapy/tools.

Now that you know you have to quit...it's only a matter of time until you actually do it, and start living the life you were meant to be living!

Warmly,

Blaze