Notices

Hey

Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey

I'm new to the forum... seems like a good place and hopefully I can get a little help with my drinking here. Hopefully.

Ok, my story?
I'm 16 and very messed up. I think I've spent about three hours out of the past 6 months sober, the rest of it, well, mostly a blurr of problem after problem and far too often waking up in the afternoon lying on the floor stinking of booze and vomit. I don't like who I've ended up to be and I want to change that but as I'm sure you all know, giving up drinking is very easy, isn't it?

I don't particuarly want to open up about what these problems are and why I turn to alcohol in the first place but let's just say that when you're doing well in life, a few too many life changing events knock you to the ground and then everyone you thought would be there either turns and runs or you manage to push them away yourself, you're not very likely to appreciate life or yourself and therefore, I took on my own brand of suicide. Something that allows me to feel as if I've fallen out of reality for a few hours. I started to drink and didn't stop.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome to SoberRecovery.
Get this?
You're me.
And as modes of suicide go, drinking is over rated. Cuz there's no for sure switch.
I know, I tried. Of all the poisons I did, alcohol was the queen.
Ten years in her bed. I ended up broken, but painfully alive.
You've got some wisdom showing for your young years, friend.
I'd like to hear more about you. And maybe you'd like to hear more about me and the others here that have found a way to stop drinking.
Very glad you're here this morning. Ot this evening, as is the case down under.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good you see it so young

Hey, good thing you want to stop now.... when I was your age, I also drank very heavily, but that was it. If you continue down the path like I did, eventually it will be more than just drinking, alcohol turns to marijuana, which turn into cocaine and ecstacy, by the time I was 21, I was so messed up on so much stuff, I don't even know how I made it through college, then I got arrested several times, now I'm here. Get sober now, you'll enjoy the best years of your life a hell of a lot more!!! Good luck!!!! If you don't drink today, you WILL NOT be drunk today! remember that.....
Old 04-01-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey StayingSober, Welcome to Soberrecovery.I hope you stick around.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome

Old 04-01-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome Staying Sober

Your right, its not so easy to stay sober.Than again it's not so easy to stay drunk is it ? The black outs and waking up in my own vomit became harder to take than feeling the emotions I was running away from.
Is there a counsler you can talk to in school? What about your parents? There is also the option of a treatment center for you,some are geared just for people your age.Its great that you realize you have a problem and posted about it.Let us know how your doing.

Bless, Trish
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!!

Good to see a new member!!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

wow another young member what a great suprise!!! welcome i know its hard to believe but yes is if you stick with a program it will get better. i'm young too however a lil older than you i'm 24. my brother is 16 also so i think i can relate to you. i started my drinking when i was 17 and oh gosh yes i drank all the time and everytime i drank until i quit i got drunk everytime. i never did it because of problems (at least i didnt think so at the time) i did it because i loved the way it made me feel. i never forgot my problems however drinking sure gave me alot!!! i'm so glad your going to save yourself from all that pain and suffering that most of us brought upon ourselves. lots of love coming your way hun. you can always count on this website to help you out. i have made alot of friends here!!! there are alot of young girls and guys out there so dont feel your alone. maybe check out an AA program in your area. you'll be pleasantly suprised at the results!!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ama

Good to see you here and hope you had a good and sober day - Just one day at a time -