Notices

Back to Square One :|

Old 03-26-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So Charlie,when you say no means.I take it you dont have the insurance or cash for detox or rehab.Many of us dont.Just curious.Have you ever tried AA or NA? It ahs worked for many others.And Im sure Baltimore has plenty of meetings.I know I could not do this on my own.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Live in the solution, not the problem. For me rehab changed my life, but thats just me....and it only worked when i was ready for it too. What an eye opening experience to accept and surrender. some days i have to surrender a whole bunch of times.,but i do what i need to do, more than what i want to do. Have you given AA a thought or two? or three?
This journey is a twisted road, temptation will try to steer you off, you have the strength and courage just tap into it. You';re worth this fight, don't forget that.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

have you tried a local hospital charlie? they can help with the detox, it is not recommended for alchy's to detox on their own, it can kill ya.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

AA just didn't seem to do anything for me any of the 5 or so times I tried .. Made me wanna drink more LoL And yes Baltimore has tonz .. My Dad's cousin is a seceritary or something or other .. So I know I have access to help just really really can't go tat route .. I know seems like a joke but there are reasons for this right now so I am stuck w\ the hole I dug ..
Old 03-26-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Its cool Charlie.AA isnt the only way.There are plenty of 12 step alternatives.Like SMART Recovery is one of them.You havent said anything about your situation and means as far as treatment.I was looking at Detox places in Baltimore and wound up here.http://www.peoples-law.org/housing/h...s/shelters.htm Now,these are all listings for homeless shelters,but they can point you in the right direction if you really wanna get some help.The first one on the list (American Rescue Workers) has a 4 month rehab.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well TY I will surely look into them .. i don't wanna sound too vague but Under this Nic I have to be at the moment .. That is why I was hoping someone could change my name or maybe I could just join back under another one :p
Old 03-26-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No problem,I just hope you decide to do something.Pick up that 500 lb phone and get some help.Otherwise,if you do nothing odds are nothing will change.SoberRecovery is a great place,but sooner or later you need to turn off your computer and face your problem.In the mean time just let us know how we can help.Remember,many of us have been in your shoes and have had the same feelings you are probably having.The good news? You can get through this!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well just keepin me here posted is actually helping eating some pizza drinkin 7Up heehee So I am working on keeping my mind of it .. as for the Phone haven't had one of them in 7+Yrs LOL Yes I know goofy LoL
Old 03-26-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Pizza is good. just let me know if you need anything.Feel free to send me a PM anytime.You can also get me on ***** messenger.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

CosmicCharlie:

You are posting replies to the help being offered, that is positive. However, you stated: "...now to get back to my plan", which I read as you meaning you want to get back to your "plan".

What is your plan ? Can you please tell us what exactly was your plan that you got away from? That would really help you and us if you can tell us what is your plan?

:help1
Old 03-26-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ummm if you can speed up the clock an Make it Monday LOL I am sure I will be over things by then but this antsy feeling is killing me :p LoL Sorry wasn't ignoring the post ..
My Plan is to stay straight and Move to Boston get married an Live happily ever after LOL So now working on the stayin sober part an Getting work :|

Last edited by CosmicCharlie; 03-26-2005 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Missed something heehee
Old 03-26-2005, 12:01 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
knucklehead

CC, here is another option www.rationalrecovery.org. it has also been a great help for me. your plan looks good. a day at a time has been the most valuable tool for me. stay strong.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

The Job right now is more important .. Too much free time on my hands an Not enough PC Work anymore ..
Old 03-26-2005, 01:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

CosmicCharlie,

One day at a time, one hour at a time. You can do it! In fact, you are doing it already!

ChrisMan
Old 03-26-2005, 01:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

41 hours \:d/ feeling a lil better after the pizza had to lay down for my Back an that is the real problem .. So Hey boston Quincy is where I wanna End up in the next year or less
Old 03-26-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well CC,I see you are still with us.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I have no Choice LoL I can't handle doing this again an if I go out I know I will find myself in the same position Wednesday or so LoL After lotsa beers ... So Watchin Basketball reading an Posting
Old 03-26-2005, 03:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

you can only isolate and hide for so long charlie, the faster you run the faster it catches up to you!
Old 03-26-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ohh I know I did for the sober 3yrs LoL But I am just makin sure I don't jump into that pattern again when I am hurting so bad .. I will be fine once I feel better

Last edited by CosmicCharlie; 03-26-2005 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Mispelling LoL
Old 03-26-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie
Well ya know I do really want it and BAD .. I can not do detox or rehab .. Just No Means for it .. But I do an Will deal w\ it an move on It only takes saying No
Ah, Charlie, if that were only true. When you conjectured earlier that maybe we are given our obsessions & compulsions for "strengthening our characters," you are not indicating an understanding of what **** was saying. We can't do it through strengthening our characters, we can only do it through abject surrender. First surrendering to the fact that our way of getting through life is not working any more, and then surrendering to a new way of looking at life that does work to allow for sobriety, serenity, peace of mind, and a sense of being at home in the universe on a daily basis.

If we live our lives making our major concern what other people think of us, then those other people are our Higher Power. They can make us feel really good or really bad just by the way they look at us. They are our boss and the most of them are just as sick as we are, Charlie. The 12 steps allow for freeing ourselves up from that boss and picking up on one who understands us perfectly, loves us perfectly, knows how to grow our souls, and who, if that Boss wants us to think differently or act differently than the way we are thinking and acting can lead us to the changed thinking and acting through the use of our desire to end mental anguish and simply feel good each day.

Once I agreed to surrender to the 12 step program unreservedly, and got the help (a sponsor) I needed in understanding what the first three steps were asking of me, I knew, Charlie, that I was turning in the only possible intelligent direction and giving up to it. And by doing so, I had put myself in a position where no one, Father, Mother, Sister, Brother, Lover, Friend, or Enemy, could any longer tell me it was not okay for me to be me. If I was no longer interested in putting others on guilt trips, I absolutely was free from any one else's efforts to put me on a guilt trip. That is the power of the steps, Charlie, I can use them to be okay for me to be me without having to measure up to anyone else's expectations.

My HP knows what I am capable of and what I am not capable of, and no one else, even me, has that knowledge. By staying close to the steps, I stay close to a sane way of living which, in time, allows me to see how ridiculous my old ideas concerning what is important in being alive really were, even when I was taking them with deadly seriousness.

It's time to become willing to let go of your old ideas about life absolutely, Charlie, time to open your mind to the point where every old idea about life falls out, and then start filling it up with the principles behind the twelve steps. Really praying that you will be able to do that. Blessings - one of

[today I am fully aware that I am not better than . . . not worse than . . . but quite simply *one of* what it means to be a human being.]