Notices

Jupiter2

Old 03-22-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jupiter2

How are you doing today? I'm hope you're having a good day.

Love,
Hope

Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hey Jup, thinkin of you too!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

hey jup jup hope your day is great!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gosh, thanks guys. I really appreciate the good wishes. I started a job on Monday and am struggling to keep my sanity. I worry all the time that I am not good enough and am going to be fired. Relying on my HP here and praying to accept his will in this and not mine. I really feel over my head on this one, so called my sponsor to let him know where I am. He was very supportive. That is what I love about this program. I don't have to do it alone!

Went to a great step meeting tonight and the subject was the second step. Got many great insights into how God will work in our lives to take care of us as long as we do it his way. Need to trust in the HP and all will be well.

Meet with my sponsor tomorrow night and get the groundwork for the fourth step. Going to do a little writing here apparently (hehe).

I am finding that early sobriety is a (insert expletive here) sometimes, but not going to drink no matter what for another 24.

Thanks again guys!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

wow jup keep working that program sounds like your just where i am at. about to be working on the fourth step. how long have you been sober? you sound pretty good. jobs can be stressful that is for sure. but remember they wouldnt have hired you unless you had something they wanted. so keep that in mind. ask alot of questions and dont be afraid to ask for help hope that works for ya hehe.

Heidi
Old 03-23-2005, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Heidi,

Today is day 44, so I don't have much time. I was in the program fifteen years ago and got almost a year and a half and up to step four with a sponsor before going out (I'm an old dude at 43). I do think that the seeds were planted for me all those years ago. There is a reason I never threw out my Big Book. Great advice on the job. I definitely feel jr. to all the other tech dudes, but apparently interviewed well. I did not try to ehnance my qualifications and made a few mistakes during the technical interview, so my hope is that they will let me grow in this position. My disease definitely did damage to my career, but oh well.

Hope things are going well with you. How is your sponsor preparing you for the fourth? Mine says I will follow the Big Book pretty closely and write using the format in How it Works.

Jup.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ama

((Jup2))

Great work on both fronts it seems - physical and professional.....we are all routing for you .....Keep coming Back.....One Day At A Time......
Old 03-23-2005, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Hi Jupiture,
I am glad that you are staying sober. Starting a new job can be stressful, but it is also a good thing! I am sure you think of it as a gift of sobriety! I know I consider my sobriety a gift every single day that I wake up to go to work without a hangover! I can excel so much better at work when I am sober, and that is a big motivating factor for me!

Keep up the good work!