Notices

H.a.l.t.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

H.a.l.t.

OH boy! I'm having a rough time right now. First of all, we are selling our house and I've spent the past three days cleaning, redoing the kitchen floor, painting, and basically running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and I missed a couple meetings.
So, I finally got some free time this afternoon and drove to a meeting 20 minutes away to find out that it had been cancelled two months ago and it hasn't been taken out of the meeting schedule book yet!
Then, tonight, I was going to hit another meeting to make up for lost time, and then my car died on the way there. Luckily I got it started about five minutes later, but it was dark and in a kinda bad neighborhood, so I went back home.
I need to go to a meeting so bad. I'm not exactly craving, but I'm Angry, Tired, and Lonely--3 of the big no-no's for alcoholics. I'm so exhausted right now and I just can't get a break.
Please pray for me. I feel like I'm going to lose it.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers are with you. Hang in there and do the next right thing.

There is a meeting here in one hour, hope you can make it: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=23804

Kevin
Old 03-16-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lilalkie,

I know what you mean when you can't get to a meeting and you feel like you are going to lose it. I get that way too. You may be already asleep, but if not, just go to bed and try to get to a meeting tomorrow. I think sleep can give us a respite sometimes and we can wake up and make the new day a good one.

Hang in there.

Jup.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you. Hang in there and get to a meeting as soon as you can. I know you can do it.

Hope