Notices

middle of day 2

Old 03-16-2005, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

Lightbulb middle of day 2

I have been reading some of the beautiful and inspirational posts this morning. Again thank you for being so supportive. Feeling a little better today, actually did some house work, went for a walk. I am still feeling a bit anxious and a little paranoid, but this will pass in time? Also, does anyone have information on vitamin supplementation? I seem to remember reading thiamin and glucose levels plummet with alcohol abuse. Thanks again,
God bless
Pearl
Old 03-16-2005, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

way to go pearl sounds like your copeing yes this will pass just keep with your soberity! it will get easier pray alot that helps too maybe look into an AA program i know that helped me alot!!! keep on keeping on!!!!

Heidi
Old 03-16-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Pearl,

Congrats on day 2. I know that eating a balanced diet is good and getting plenty of sleep, but don't know about specific vitamins. I kid you not, but in my earliest days, I ate a ton of red vine licorice. Not recommending this by any stretch, but it did quell my cravings. Lots of sleep really helped me (and still does, since I am in early recovery too). Have you looked into AA? It has really helped me.

Jup.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Pearl,
If you're not drinking alcohol now and you're eating a balanced diet, then you should be getting what you need. Congratulations on making it this far. Let us know how you're getting through the week. It's usually the roughest.
Take care.
Val
Old 04-11-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Pearl,

I can relate. I'm on day 2 also. Not very fun by any means. I have struggled my way through this day and will be glad when I finally feel better. I don't know how long it will take but I hope it is sooner rather than later.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Welcome Pearl and Nevermine, Glad that you are at SR it gets better BikerBill8
Old 04-12-2005, 03:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Pearl and Nevermind

A big congratulations on your 2 days. No way to get around it...those first few days are TOUGh...very unpleasant feelings all around. Even if you've heard it a million times, please believe that it does get better. Both the physical and emotional symptoms dissipate.

I found a few thing helpful as far as supplements...Number one is very simple...drink as much water as you can! I loaded up on milk thistle (promotes liver function to help you clean out your system faster), a B complex was suggested, I took a daily multi (our bodies have been deprived of many nutrients from our periods of drinking) and do be sure to eat regularly no matter how hard it is. It will really bring you some balance...as well as start to move things out!

Strength and hugs.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for the tips Bikerbill and Time.......greatly appreciated.............

I will try some of those things.