Notices

All you browsers out there.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new life

All you browsers out there.

Yes you ! Dont be shy, How about it? got something to share? would like to hear from you

S/R, Would not want to be without it!

mikee
Old 03-15-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All is not as it appears.

How’s it hanging mikee? Is it straight? LOL
Old 03-15-2005, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm new and I need help and I'm Sooooo Lonely!!

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm not! I am new to this board. I don't know what to do. I'm a Registered Nurse and I am so unhappy with my life. I am really struggling with my life. Yes, I love to drink. So what is wrong with doing something I love???? Please help me. Is there another life that is happier than drinking. The only fun I had was from drinking, either it was from my Dad, my Mom, my Uncle, my Aunt and my sister. I have so much fun right now, i don't know how to have fun without alcohol.... My husband doesn't drink and I find him very boring and am so pissed off at him for getting so mad at me because I want to have FUN!!! Is it me? Or Am I causing this problem within my life and my marriage?? Whatever the problem is I need help. When I first met my husband I was an attractive girl that was a size 6. And my husband pushed me to lift weights constantly. He always looked at these muscle magazines and wanted me to look like them. This is the only thing that keeps me company. And I love it!!!

Theresa
Old 03-15-2005, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
All is not as it appears.

Welcome Theresa. Only you know if the alcohol is a problem. You’re posting on a recovery board and reaching out. That’s a start. Does the alcohol give an illusion of happiness or does it muffle what you truly want to be? Help is all around you if you seek.

Mark
Old 03-17-2005, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
new life

Theresa,Welcome to S/R! As Marks post above, I hope you find your true happiness!! I really do! In my youth, I thought I knew all the angles when it came to drinking, however overtime, those angles got razor sharp, and I realized that happiness was mistaken for deep pain and misery. You don't have to consume half your life time to find this out!

God Bless
mikee
Old 03-17-2005, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ama

True Life and True Happiness are things that are felt with the un-desentsitised senses.....Booze dulls everything so you are not realllllly only happy with it, especially if it is interferring with your most important personal relationship with your husband.

Stand back - would you like to be him and married to you.....

Sorry if I sound so bleak but its just a reality that I have had to face but in my case it was my children.....

Wishing you well on your search......Ama
Old 03-18-2005, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Theresa,

I'm not sure how much you drink. When a loved one complains about it, it usually is a problem.

Yes after years of not drinking, there is a lot of fun things to do w/o drinking. Especially if you're drinking too much. How much do you drink, everyday, weekends only? Can you drink 2 drinks and no more? The majority of us had to get honest about our drinking before we could confront our problem with alcohol.

Welcome to the site. Please stay posting and read the posts on here. Something brought you to an AA related site.

Chris