Notices

Why can't I get this **** right?

Old 03-13-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bobbie jo

Unhappy Why can't I get this **** right?

Two and a half more weeks I would have had 6 months.Help
Old 03-13-2005, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Bobbie and welcome!
You will find a great deal of support here!
Keep posting!
Old 03-13-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
.......waiting

Lightbulb

Bobbie Boop2,

We all have difficulties from time to time. So you slipped up. We all do, you just pick yourself back up and try again. I have tried to get sober so many times in the past with no luck. This time now, I have just started my 10th month. I know it seems hard to come back. But give it a try, you are so worth it. Try, try again.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
All is not as it appears.

Originally Posted by BobbieBoop1
Two and a half more weeks I would have had 6 months.Help
Now that’s just the craziest little thing I’ve ever heard LOL.

Don’t be too hard on yourself . At least you admitted it. That’s the real deal. Come on back now ya hear?
Old 03-13-2005, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Honey
Try not to be too hard on yourself, yes it is easier said than done, but is soo important when you are working on getting clean/sober.
Keep focused on the here and now, don't get caught up in past regret and worries of tommorow....
i am glad to see you here at SoberRecovery, I love this place and it is one of my biggest assets in staying sober...
you are not alone...
Old 03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

take it easy bobbie,
oh lord how i hate it when people tell me that! LOL probably because they are right!

so take it easy and try not to beat up on yourself too much. think about what you wrote.... "Why can't I get this **** right?" fact of that matter is....... you did get it right, you're an alcoholic/addict? and you used! that's what we do. we get jammed up and pick up!

the miracle happens when we DON'T pick up, and you had 5 months 1 1/2 weeks of miracle. 5 months 1 1/2 weeks of sobriety that no one can take away from you. not even yourself.

i was in and out of the rooms for 13 years before i put together 20 1/2 months continuous time. you know why? me either? but i'm told that it worked that way because that's the way it was supposed to be. everytime i chose to pick up it was a new learning experience for me. it was something to help strengthen my sober references for today.

the only thing i can say is toi learn from it. if you have a sponsor go over what happened that led to you picking up. see what actions were taken and what actions weren't taken to prevent it.

it's a simple program i'm told, not an easy one. and i've found that the things in life that are valued by me the most deserve work, they don't come easy.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Hello Bobbie, I wanted to welcome you too. This is a great place with so many caring people.

I know how feel. I would stop, get some time and then drink again. But you just have to get up and bush yourself off and go on. And don't be hard on yourself. It doesn't help one bit.

Hope to see you around.

Richard
Old 03-13-2005, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Bobbie, never give up. Keep up the fight, it is worth it. Life has much better things in store for you.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bobbie jo

Old 03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST FOR TODAY

As alcoholics, the thing we know how to do best, is to drink. Only natural for an alcoholic. What we don't know is how to stop drinking and keep stopped. That is why I ask a Power greater than myself every morning for help, go to meetings and just don't drink, one day at a time, just for today. You see, that is all I can do it for, just today.

You got back up, brushed yourself off, and I hope and pray, are not drinking today. Thank your Higher Power for that, for I know enough alcoholics that were not fortunate to get the program of AA and are resting now in a cemetery.

Keep coming back, it gets better, one day at a time.

God bless,

Harry
Old 03-14-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Never quit quitting the next time may be your miracle!!!