Notices

You into aroma therapy?

Old 03-13-2005, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All is not as it appears.

You into aroma therapy?

Do any of you have a favorite scent you use for therapy? I personally adore the scent of Nag Champa Incense. I don’t burn them. I remove it from the stick and place it on low heat plate. It smells delicious.

If you like Nag Champa Incense another way to enjoy it is take heavy cardboard and twist it in the shape of a cone. Tape the edge so it doesn’t come unraveled and poke a hole in the side to fit a 5 watt bulb. Plug it in, drop a few sticks of incense in the small hole and you’re in heaven.

So…… What’s your favorite stinky thing?

Need to get busy. Catch up to you all later.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I personally like anything that is supposed to relax you, like chamomile and lavender. I have anxiety problems, so it helps. I also like fruity scents, like grape and strawberry, and vanilla, buttercream and lighter scents like that. I do candles though--I'm not really an incense kind of gal!
Old 03-14-2005, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My best friend is an Herbalist, and has taught me some pretty wonderful things about the powers of essential oils. I'm a lavender girl all the way, however if you ever have a tummy ache or sour stomach, a dab of peppermint oil on the back of the hand and then licked off does the trick every time. It's good after meals too, aids in digestion and all that groovy stuff.

Great topic!

Last edited by Smudge; 03-14-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi 1/2 sane, ..... oh by the way, I just love your name. lol

When I was drinking, I never ever noticed the aroma of anything.

Sober, I immediately began noticing sights, sounds and yes aroma's.

When I first got sober I lived about a 1/4 mile from Revere Beach. I had never bothered with that beach at all. The first week of my sobriety, whenever I opened the window, in would come the wonderful smell of the beach. I was amazed by that, where had this wonderful aroma been before? lol Today, one of my favorite things to do, is walk beside the ocean and just take it all in.

Today, I love the aroma of Vanilla. When I meditate, there are times that I light a vanilla scented candle. Or I just light them because I love the sight of the flickering flame, the muted soft light that comes from candles, and the wonderful aroma of the Vanilla. There are times when I find myself smiling, just sitting by myself and enjoying the precious peace that is afforded to this alkie today, just to enjoy the simple things that I never ever noticed for years when I was drinking.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is not as it appears.

Well alrighty then. There are 4 people so far without stinky homes. Not that having a stinky home is bad. Let me tell you about….Nevermind :shysmile:

If there are any new check-ins please come now. :sweat
Old 04-13-2005, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My sober loving-life man is into aroma-theropy and he always smells simply delightful.

He's always turning me on to new and exciting essential oils, sensations too, that have come alive, ecstatic, and blissfully new to me! ( in the scents and smells department if you know what I mean? *wink*)

I must say that sobiety and the gift of being AWAKE and AWARE, combined with the sweet and sensual senses of the world and people around me is feeling quite wonderful today. Thanks for the reminder...

I am definitely waiting right now for my Mr. Sexy smellin' man to get home and get to me!

India
Old 04-13-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Well,

on any given day anything smels good. Fresh cut grass, flowers etc. Having quit the cigarettes everything smells better
Old 04-13-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I love a scented candel that is called "spirit" which has melissa and lavender to me it smells so good. I also like nag chumpa. My favorite perfume is called Angel which is said to have essence of chocolate and to me it smells very good.

I used to smoke and basically I smoked because I was around so many smokers and I hated the smell and the only way the smell did not bother me was to smoke too. It still bothers me very much to smell tobacco. I have to have lots of good things around me to smell especially in my car. it seems that there are so many terrible smells out on the road.