Notices

Really Bad Day

Old 03-11-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really Bad Day

I'm having a really crappy 24 hours here. It started out with me not getting too much sleep last night. Then I went over to my new sponsor's house and she has a virus and failed to tell me, so now I am exposed. Getting sick is the last thing I need right now. Then, I felt tired and weak all afternoon and tried to sleep and couldn't. I felt miserable. And then my husband and I got into a huge fight tonight, and our marriage is really bad right now. I am trying so hard to focus on sobriety--it's #1. But he is insisiting that I get a job immediately, and just because I didn't fill out applications today, he thinks I don't care about anyone but myself. Egads, I just am so tired and unhappy. Surprisingly, I am not really craving. But I'm afraid all this stress will lead to it. I am so upset right now.
One day at a time, one day at a time...it was just a bad day. I can do this.

I'm sorry for whining, but I don't have anyone else to turn to right now.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Hon...
Sounds like you need some sleep, have a nice cup of herbal tea and try to relax.
Don't forget to breath.... i bet you have been holding your breath.
You are not alone
Old 03-11-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((hugs lilalkie))))))

sorry to hear about your day, I don't think you're whining!!!! talkin about what's in our heads takes some of its power away. Keep posting and letting your feelings out, sometimes just seeing the words out, wehter it's on paper or here helps. I'll pray for you.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

kay so my daughter joined this site today and our posts seem to be getting crossed! this is actually wantneeda.....guess i was brought back to give you another hug!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Lilalkie,

I find more and more that people who are not in recovery themselves don't understand what it is like. I'm sorry your husband doesn't agree that your need to concentrate on recovery should be priority one. We know you are doing really well! I am finding that the bad times pass if I just live through them and don't drink. Good times often follow. It seems to be a cycle that I guess is just life. I know all about the family pressure to find work. They seem to want us to hop back in the market as soon as we get sober and start providing just like nothing happened.

Hang in there!
Old 03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Agnostic with faith

Hi Lilalkie,

We Portuguese have a saying that goes "after the storm, sunshine will come " (word by word translation, doesn't sound too good but you get the picture).

So, hang in there, relax and stay focused. The next 24 will be better.

Pedro