Notices

Ama is Back :-)

Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ama

Lightbulb Ama is Back :-)

Hi Dear Friends in SR,

Decided to start this new thread which is based in recovery and to give hope - we all need that every now and again. Weelllllllllll the good news is that I havent had a drink this Year!!!! Not since just before Christmas (sometime on 22nd December!).

Got out of hospital full time today and the doctors etc are delighted with my recovery so far. (Hmmmmm mild or rather strong Bi-Polar episode tried to pull me down but I won and it lost)!

I am so very grateful to you for all your encouragement and kind words.....This is a big thank-you!!!!!!

Luvs to All Always......Ama
Old 03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome back Ama.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Yea!!!!

Ama is back and out of the hospital!!!!

I'm so glad!!!

Ceallaigh
Old 03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

It's great to have you back Ama. What a survivor your are. I look forward to having you around again. Did you bring any chocolate?

Old 03-11-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((((Ama))))))) I'm so happy you are back too. You're a little fighter, smiling at that.

Big congrats on your sober time.

Love and extra hugs.....Denise
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Ama,

Jup here. I remember reading some of your posts in my first days here on SR. So good to have you back!
Old 03-12-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome home, dear Ama.

your phriend, phinny
Old 03-12-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so glad that you are back Ama and doing so well!

Love

Ang
Old 03-12-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome back Ama !
Old 03-12-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((((((AMA ))))))))))
A joy to have you back posting once again. I can so relate to your story and greatly appreciate your positive spin on sober LIVING!

I sometimes look upon my own manic-depression(acute Bi-Polar disorder) as a problem. You, on the other hand, are a cute bi-polar who moves forward spreading great hope for many others of us. This grizzly-bear is always pleased to ride the gentle breeze of your uplifting outlook & Spirit.

((((((((AMA))))))))))

Kiss Heart of Spirit
In Love & Service,
:tri
3 Legacy
Old 03-12-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ama

(((((Dear dear dear ALL!!!!!!)))))

It is sooo very true that in giving that we receive! I am overwhelmed with your goodness and kind wishes - but then I always am.......

And you are right - so very right......I dont have cancer, just a mood disorder (hehehehe - think the kids would describe it MORE animately!!!).....A form of Diabetes of my head chemicals and sure I just cannot take SUGAR anymore if you care for that analogy. It is funny how I always need a concrete explanation of why I CANNOT/MUST NOT consume my poison. We all need our own truths I think. Reading others posts and threads can help this so tremendously I have found.

Ohhhhh - my diagnosis!!!! Well it turns out that my "FLAT MOOD" is on the high side AKA Optimistic. Now there is a great gift indeed. Yes the disphoria will or may rather re-occur, but keeping my mood stable via PROPER medication and NOT self medication via booze is vital to my wellbeing.

And my son was also diagnosed BI-Polar - we are helping each other alot and both grateful for each others understanding. My youngest is too eeeekkkkk - she is my complete twin so my hope is that I will catch her so early that her life will be good and happy and complete.

Just in case my ex is reading this which I suspect, I have been advised by my therapist and doctor to proceed with a no fault divorce in July. The laws here in Ireland from what I can glean, mean that after a full and complete 4 years apart, that it will be straight-forward, though he wants the family home sold etc etc. The children are very much in favour of the divorce as they always fear I will go back to him you see. But they are not happy about the possibility of loosing their home but it could be the ultimate price of freedom so we must accept what ever happens.

I was at a meeting the other evening and I actually walked out. It was a little group started and Women only!!!! ANEW they call themselves and not affiliated to any other group of such a name I should point out.

Anyway, there was a lady there who had consumed about a half bottle before the meeting. She was almost laughed at and it broke my heart. She passed the 3rd Tradition - SHE SO WANTED TO STOP DRINKING.....we alllllll know that one!!!! She was trying too! Let us never ever be such goodie two shoes that we loose our humanity and understanding. Others walked out after me but we all felt the same. We are there to help each other with recovery from addiction - that is what SR does!!!!!

Had to get that one off my chest so sorry if I sound funny.....but it just left me with a very sour tasted in my mouth.....

Ohhhh and yet again I did not win the lotto tonight. Yip - only because I forgot to buy a ticket. But then again I did win another day so that is good enough methinks.

I hope life it treating you all well. That your lives and strifes are minimal and thank you for the lovely welcome home..........Luvs and Recovery ALWAYS Ama
Old 03-12-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ama

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
It's great to have you back Ama. What a survivor your are. I look forward to having you around again. Did you bring any chocolate?

Thank you sooooo much - how very pretty she is......

Well as I said I am home from Hosp – so had to shop last night and passed by a place called B-Young and I was attracted to the window and there were pretty butterflies as part of the shops window display. Sooooo I went in to enquire how much etc but they were Not for sale :-( …….However, they said they had received a few too many and gave me a beautiful Blue One and a Bright Pink One……It felt like a wonderful stroke of a generous life returning....

Re the chocolate - hmmmmm if you could see me now you would think I ate it allllllllllll - oppps sorry but I will keep some for you the next time....

Hope you have a wonderful special moment today Luvs and Thanks Always Ama
Old 03-12-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ama

(((((Certified Generic Dangerous Dan)))))

I am baffled by your Avatar - flamboozled to be honest - WHAT IS IT?????? and where are you from???? Luvs Ama
Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ama

Oh life can sometimes be soooo very hard.....

But not today and I am just back from a dual diagnosis meeting held in the hospital where I was. Sticking to recovery is the only way and that needs some work from me and I will do it in sobriety and recovery!

I was thrilled for Exlibris and his lovely surprise at all the well wishes for his birthday too. Ever proof of how SR pulls us out of the lonely times which are for me the most dangerous of all......

I hope all have a good one today and that (((Ted))) feels abit better too.....I know in my heart that we are all here for each other......we just have to keep coming back.....one day at a time......

Think this is an evening that I am talking to myself but sure I couldnt I bore the pants off a heifer (grin!!)

Love and Gentle Recovery to all........Ama
Old 03-14-2005, 12:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Ama
It's great to have you back.
Good for you!
cathy31x
Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad to have you back at SR Ama! You sound very well. I didn't get to know you before as I blew 6 months of sobriety but I'm back now and look forward to your posts!

And as me Canadian twinnie Denise says "where's that chocolate!" (Hey Denise...had any coffee crisps lately darling?!)

I'm glad we are all back here and sober! Darn, that's a good thing!!!!!!!

Love,
Laci
(Another 24 hours)
Old 03-14-2005, 04:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Laci)))

Many thanks for the good wishes - I have been reading oodles of your posts and you just said something very poigant for me.....getting to 6 whole months and then crashing!!!! I just never got that far before but it shows that we can and must never be complacent.....

You sound wonderful and are giving me great hope indeed......

Luvs Ama
Old 03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Ama! And many thanks for giving me hope...

Yup...we sure can take a slip if we get complacent. That is an excellent way to say it. Heck...I had 10 years and went back out when I was 37, drank for 14 years until I found myself back at AA and at SR. Six glorious months and as usual, I got complacent and found myself right back where I left off. I believe the last few months of drinking for me have been probably the most eye opening. Many things have happened that have terrified me much like things that happen to all of us. We go through some pretty rough ordeals. And I suffer from bad depression on top of it all. Taking my Zoloft still but per the doctor, I'm cutting back.

I'm so proud of you Ama! You are a delightful person and glad that we both are back here and that we are sober and that life is good today!

Luvvies to you my Irish friend and Happy St. Patrick's Day! It is coming upon us this week. I'll be sipping green tea! Ha Ha.

Laci
(two days, no cigs! Still craving chocolate!)
Old 03-15-2005, 09:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Ama,

glad you're back I missed that little Angel
Old 03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Captain!!!!)))

I have been soooo busy the last couple of days - trying to restore order to a home where chaos has ruled for soooo very long you see. But I am and that is the real point. Been reading threads and posts but just sometimes i find I am humbled and dont feel i can post. I start and write oodles and then press the button and my machine crashes!

I always think there is a reason and that the posts were perhaps for my own acceptance - personal if you like and not for publishing. Whatever reason well I dont know but what will be will be.

Today - Paddys Day here in Ireland......Land of Saints and Scholars hehehehe NOT! I got my car washed and valeted and did chores and went to my parents for a visit and got my sisters usual viper tongue so just left, rather than cause a scene. Had to go back and collect my son at about 8.30 pm and my sister in law was there (eeekkkk)! Typical blonde with singular brain cell. She really really is. Escaped any unpleaseantness then too! So a sober and challenging day coming to and end of little pockets of achievement and feels like a recovery day too!!!

Sorry to vent on air but just sometimes. I think they all think that now that I am diagnosed Bi-Polar that I am mad. Certainly I am being treated quite differently - as if my comments etc are unfounded and stupid etc. I know my sister is jealous of me and doesnt think I should have any quality of life or well wishes from anyone based on my past. She is utterly unforgiving but I can live with that........

Weather was beautiful today and I had Black birds batheing in the garden in a make shift pond. It was so so dainty to behold......It was actually a male as is was black and the females are brown and slightly smaller in size. I also sat in the garden for about 20 minutes (2 cigs long) and it was very very relaxing.......

So a good one really - Luvs Ama