Notices

Ama is Back :-)

Old 03-20-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good Sunday Morning Ama (or I believe Good Evening in Ireland)

I wish some day I could spend St Paddy's day in Ireland. That must be so cool! I've only made it over to London and Scotland but someday I'll go to Ireland.

My family treats me much the same Ama. It was worse when I was younger but now when I'm around them they "walk on eggshells" as if one thing that they may say will send me off into a drunken fit. May I have your permission to borrow the term "viper tongue?"

Thank God you were able to avoid the blonde with the one brain cell! How sad that we have family members that are truly unforgiving. I have three older sisters and the oldest one is jealous and manipulative and that is the one I want to borrow the expression "viper tongue" for!

I'm glad to read your posts and look forward to them. I vent a lot also but you know that is so okay here at SR. I've written pages literally of "venting" and always makes me feel better. So let it all out! I will also! It does help doesn't it.

The sounds of those black birds bathing in the garden just made me smile. I looked at my two little Parakeets and thought of how dainty they are. Makes me think of God each time I look at them with their little precious eyes blinking and their tiny little feet and they make soft noises in the morning. By the afternoon they are squawking up a storm and I'm like "be quiet!!"

I am wishing you a wonderful day/evening and proud of you for staying sober and doing all the right things because when we do the right thing then only goodness will come our way and it does. When I'm drinking I do all bad things (terrible messes I've got myself into) but sober I am able to look at life on a daily basis and make it thru those challenging moments only to know that by not drinking today I will be a better person tomorrow and today will be a nice memory (despite those viper tongued sisters! LOL)

God Bless and take care.

Thanks for helping me stay sober today!

Love,
Laci
Old 03-20-2005, 11:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Hi Ama

I am new here but have been reading thru some of your posts and you seem truly inspiring! Welcome back.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Laci, Grateful, LeAnne, Denise, Hope, Kath, Ted, Keith, Dan......sooooo many more too)))

Today is wet and miserable outside but I am dry!! Word bank seems abit dry too but know I need to make an effort of a post to keep my head straight.....

Tomorrow is my 3 mths. Can you imagine - no trouble for 3 whole months; well there was but I was able to cope with it along with treatment etc.......I honestly cannot believe I am writing these words. My small gesture of not drinking one day at a time has given my children great great hope. Each day there is abit more trust and the sober time combined with the family therapy should see us all fit mentally within about a year. Sounds a long time but it took a long time to get this bad you see.

Finances are scarce at the moment but somehow I am managing and got the mortgage paid today and all bills up to date. Spent all morning doing my personal accounts (reality land) so at least I know where I stand. Funny how when drinking one just lets everything mount up and buries ones head in the sand like and Ostrich....

I am looking forward to doing the garden at the weekend and putting in seeds and watching them grow. Very therapeutic indeed.

(((Laci))) the words of a vipers tongue are vituperative just in case you need to vary it now and again hehehehe.....

Signing off for a while here as I am really but natually exhausted......
Old 03-21-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dearest Ama...

Let me be the first to say congratulations on your three months tomorrow!!! So proud of you! You are a very special person...I can tell that. And isn't it wonderful to pay bills now!

Ah, I have to admit that I did have a bit of a slip last night. Darn it! Was doing well but gave in to those fears of the unknown and drank two martinis. I stopped after two though which is quite a bit of progress for me. So off to a meeting today.

Thanks for the variation on the viper tongue! You make me laugh and smile.

Yup...those finances are scarce but will build back up...don't you worry about that. Keep doing the right thing no matter what. Yours is not a small gesture of not drinking...yours is an incredibly huge gesture....one to be so proud of and one that makes all the difference in your daily life and one that gives you hope along with your family. Hope is a wonderful thing isn't it. And there is much hope.

You inspire and encourage me Ama. I'm off to my AA meeting...may have hit a bump in the road but getting right back on track.

Love,
Laci
Old 03-21-2005, 12:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((((((((Ama))))))))))))
Hsssssssssss Hsssssssssss ;-)
Old 03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Stopping the tornado

Hi Ama,
Congrats on your upcoming 3 months, I've never made it that far since my teenage years!

You should be proud!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Greatful2004, You will make it now. Just hang with us. I had 10 years and went out. Found SR and had six months and then went out. It takes time so don't give up. Have you checked out the "Don't Quit" thread? It's a fun place also...right Ama?!

Love,
Laci
(I won't give up...nope, no way...I will get this one minute at a time)
Old 03-22-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ama

(((Greatful & Laci & Ms 3Legs hehehe)))

Thanks for your continued help and support. (((Laci))) 3 months is my longest and boy am I a master at slipping so thank you for reminding me just how very very easy it is. Yes do get to your meeting. Get sober wonderful thoughts into your head and stay with this uplifting path to freedom.....Please dont slide and let us be your wings..

Dont listen to the scathing tongues as they are NOT part of the recipe to a good life. I only accept 5-10% negative inputs and all the rest have to be positive. Healing takes time and needs care and being surrounded by those who understand. SR gives that type of support. Sometimes when we are at our very lowest ebb, a post appears in a thread or even one of our own threads.....the fizzy feeling - how beautifully described.....

(((Grateful))) You are doing great....its just a day at a time, it does me good every time I see you have posted....

(((Legs))) You are a dote! I have much to catch up with and am reading posts in an effort to do so......You sound good dear friend and my thanks as always to you. I am slightly giddy today.....that is good!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Ama, congrats on the 3 months. That is so wonderful and I'm sooo happy for you! You are an inspiration to me and help me find the courage within myself to continue going no matter what and hang on through everything. I thank you for the difference you have made in my life and I'm grateful that you are here on SR with us!

Love,
Hope
Old 04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ama

Just posting because I have been doing one liners as I am ebbing low at the moment.....doing my accounts .....looking fair to miserable and unreality sneaking into my thoughts tooo. Just maybe one of those days - but a sober one.....

My feelings are numbed and that is the bit I didnt expect....does anyone else get this?????
Old 04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ama

Hi All,

Gosh but I have been so busy and it just occured to me that I havent thought about a drink or anything associated until I was about to turn the computer off before going to bed. I am going on hols in just 36 hours and sooo busy leaving everything in place for the children. I will be contactable on my mobile for the entire week apart from flight time so that is good and I am loading the younger ones with credit so that they can phone me whenever they need to......

Clothes and dinners just about done and getting my hair done tomorrow and someone told me I look fantastic today......that gave me a huge lift....I drove a friend home this evening who had called and stayed for dinner and then visited my brothers new apartment and then collected my boyz from work at midnight. All possible cause I am sober you see and indeed the only reason they asked me is because they know when I am sober. They even thanked me - Well done Mummy etcetcetc.....
RRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFV
F GOORRR
V
Really really feeling like a good member of my family, a gover amd mog a gald....vvvvv.ss;##

##### Q######RRRRRRRR
Old 04-04-2005, 06:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

I am so happy for you!

Ceallaigh
Old 04-04-2005, 06:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

Congrats on your sober time AMA. Keep at it one day at a time. Life is far more manageable and rewarding sober. I'm grateful to finally have figured that out. Sit back and reap the benefits. Not always financial, but by far more valuable.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ama

Thank you (((LeAnne & Ceallaigh))),

Dont quite know what happened to the last part of my post.....gosh but it means I am grateful in recovery if you know what I mean :-)!!!!!!

Thank you for your words of support as I could not have done it or continue without you brilliant wonderful bunch of people (15 weeks tomorrow) - you are all so close to my heart now.....