Notices

Checking In

Old 03-08-2005, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rec. Addict In Need

Checking In

Hey Ya' All! Well I am just going to update everyone what has been going on with me, I havent posted in a few days. My dad was here this past weekend for his wedding. It was so cool to see him and my stepmom, I met some new family members and fell in love with my new nephew. I also started working Part time at Toys R Us, today was my 1st day, it was way cool, I work 6am-12pm which is so nice because I have the rest of the day to just relax and enjoy the beautiful weather Vegas is having.

The craving are still there but there not so intense, I knew that if I got out there and kept myself busy things would be a little easier. I am going to my first NA meeting this weekend. I am excited.

My mom and step dad will be here this weekend for a visit and they are going to the Nascar at Sams town motor speedway. It will be good to see them but in the past my mom was one of he reason why I smoked weed so much, She loves to make me feel caca, always telling me what I could have done..
It will be such a challenge. Well I am going to get going for now, I am here if anyone needs to talk and I hope all is well..
Old 03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kliscous

Keep up the good work!

:hello2
Old 03-08-2005, 09:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kliscous,

Good to hear from you. I know how hard it is to deal with family as well. I don't get along very well with my sister and she is very critical of me. I know how you feel even though it is your mom in your case. I have found that I avoid my sister, so kudos to you for learning how to deal with your mom. Sounds like you are doing better with the cravings. I know how bad those can be. I combat them with red vine licorice, meetings and sponsor, lots of coffee and tea, a hobby or two long neglected while I was drinking, and working.

Enjoy your time with your family this weekend. Maybe try the serenity prayer if it gets a little rough.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kliscous1983

My mom and step dad will be here this weekend for a visit and they are going to the Nascar at Sams town motor speedway.
Not too many people know this but I am a huge NASCAR fan.Anyway,I am glad to hear you are still doing good.And congrats on the new job.Let us know how the meeting goes.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NASCAR fan
Haven't made NASCAR yet, but go to NHRA every year.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great news of your recovery Kliscous.

Inspiring to be able to sign on here in the morning and read postive progress.

Keep it up.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rec. Addict In Need

I love the support here, just like Time4Me said.."Inspiring to be able to sign on here in the morning and read postive progress." Its nice to come online in the evening after a long days work and see that people care and are willing to leave special posts for me, that kind of thing really helps and makes me feel very good about things. I am so glad I found SR, If I didnt, who knows where I would be. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!