im afraid to quit - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

im afraid to quit

Im afraid too quit smoking pot,Ihave been doing it for so long i dont know if I cando it.Is there any hope?
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Hi Chad,

Of course there is hope! I'm Anna, alcoholic so I don't have experience with pot, but I know I was so afraid of stopping drinking. I couldn't imagine what would be left. It turned out there were all kinds of amazing gifts out there. You can do this and you can get lots of inspiration here.

Love, Anna

Marianne Williamson
Anna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dan

Hi Chad.
Welcome. Yep, there's hope like Anna says.
I used and drank for the better part of thirty years.
I was terrified to stop. Managed to turn the fear to my advantage, with a lot of help from others like me.
Glad you're here.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ben's Papa

Hi Chad.I smoked pot daily(all day long) for thirty some years.It ruled my life.I thought I would never be free of it.It had such a hold on me that I couldn't do anything without getting high first.One day I reached the point where I was about to lose everything.I had reached this point before many times because of my addiction but this time I took a stand.I knew in order to have any kind of decent life for me and my family that I HAD to stop smoking pot.I won't lie,it was the hardest thing I've ever done.I found this forum and some wonderful people here and it has helped me immensely.The first few weeks of not smoking were incredebly hard but the feeling of victory I got every day of abstaining was tremendous.As time went by it got better.Its been six months now and I feel great without it.Take some multivitamins and something to help clean it out of your system.I used some stuff called Sonne's #7 that I got in a health food store.Keep coming back to this forum because you can get a lot of good advice here!Good luck,dude.I'll be praying for you.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

I told myself I was going to quit today,but when I got up the first thing I did

was get high to start my day.I dont think I can do it.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

hi chad

I too used to smoke pot everyday all day long, among other things, I know its hard but maybe, and I'm 2 months free now, I still have some fear but smoking pot wont take the fear away, the only thing that has taken that fear away is the faith in that things would get better if i dont use, that I cant control everything and everybody. cuz I used to smoke because for me life was senseless it didnt make any sense to live without smoking, I was frustrated, angry and sad about the way life was going if things didnt go the way I wanted them to go I would just run away from it, run to the place where I liked the most, out of here and now. so I smoked, but I gotta say that things are not the way my mind thought they were. there is so much going on on life that I'm actually glad I'm not smoking now, I'm not living a lie.

chad if its too hard for you to quit for life, QUIT JUST FOR TODAY.
Brutal Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

I used to smoke pot, grow pot, eat pot, bake pot when I lived in Oregon. The home of the Gang Green. Man makes the habit, then the habit makes the man. It's all about breaking that moring ritual. Next time you wake up, try going for a walk, then going ot a meeting, NA meetings are what did it for me. There is hope, I smoked herb for the last 17 years and just for today I'm clean today. You can stop using, lose the desire to use and the kicker; find a new way to live. It's all up to you. Keep Coming Back and posting, more will be revealed.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontime
I used to smoke pot, grow pot, eat pot, bake pot when I lived in Oregon. The home of the Gang Green.
LOL,I wonder if you knew my younger brother.One of the biggest Deadheads in Oregon.Sells Tie-dies at Saturday market,smokes Pot like its a sport and follows Wide Spread Panic all around the country.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Learning to love me.

You can do it Chad. I know it's frightening. Go to an NA meeting. Meet some other people and get their numbers. They can help you through this. Also, keep posting here. SR really helps. I wish you luck and I'll be praying for you too!!

I'm struggling!!!
Roxann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Im so scared I dont know if I can do this.Im so used to doing everything under the influence.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

You can do this Chad.Just keep coming back.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ben's Papa

Throw your stash away,Chad.You CAN quit smoking pot.I found I had to distance myself from the people in my life who were still using it.That may seem harsh but you've got to look out for number one.
I wish you well.I know what a hold this weed can have on you.It held me down for thirty years and if I was able to break free of it I'm sure you can.
Praying helps a lot!God bless you.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chy

Chad when your ready you WILL be able to do it. Stick around, we rub off on ya!
Chy is offline   Reply With Quote