Notices

Did I Relapse?

Old 03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Did I Relapse?

I am a cocaine addict and I haven't touched coke for a long while, but last night I took two Lortabs. I've never been hooked on anything except for coke. Is that still considered a relapse? Just for the record, I'm not in NA.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Agnostic with faith

I'm not familiar with Lortabs. If they are a mind-altering medication then you might be seriously close to a relapse.

The way I see it we all have our DOC and all of them were used to alter the mind and make us feel different, more confident, etc.Many people change their DOC to avoid the withdrawl symptoms, but later ending up the same way. We're not cocaine addicts, alcoholics, pill addicts... we are addicted to any mind-altering substance. If Lortabs are mind-altering meds then you might have succumb to the anxiety you mentioned in your other thread.

Please look inside yourself, find out what's hurting you, talk it over with someone, anyone of us for starters, drop the Lortabs, Cocaine doesn't exist, you do!

By the way, why two instead of one?

You can make it ((((Dixie))))
Old 03-04-2005, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I think the question is Why did you take 2 Loratabs Dixie? If it was to escape or deny your feelings, then yes, I feel that it's a relapse. It doesn't matter what the substance is, it's the behavior. I think you should look into NA honey. It can only help.

((HUGS)) and Prayers to you my sister in recovery. If you need to talk, we're here to listen. Keep posting.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A drug is a drug is a drug is a drug. I relapsed on alcohol after 5 years of being clean from crystal meth because I was a drug addict and not an alcoholic so I thought. The substance is merely a symptom of the problem. The problem is within us and asks the question as to why we need something to not feel, or for something to do. Why can't we just sit with ourselves without mind altering substances changing the way we feel?

I do know from experience that the recovery from cocaine will never make sense to you without being clean from all drugs. When you are clean from all the drugs for a while everything will begin to fall into place. It takes time and it's not easy by any means. Thanks for sharing with us and keep posting.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sandyl

Dear Dixie,
I was on pain meds for 4 years(percs) methadone for 11 months,did the sub thing,but cuz of methadone I wasn't on it long enough.After being off sub for 11 days,I had severe anxiety stopped breathin and rushed to hospital.I'm now on 2mg Ativan every 6 hrs.I feel I've failed.The last time I took my DOC was 1/29.But now having to be on Ativan I feel like all my efforts and hard work are down the drain!!
DID you take them because you needed them,if so maybe talkin out why would help,I go to see a counselor next week,I don't think it's natural to have such anxiety after 2 months,but I refuse to fail now,my sobriety means so much to me,and yeah alot of people told me I was weak cuz I'm on the Ativan,but I thought I was going to die.We have to do what we have to do!!
Please keep us posted on how you're doin.I'll be prayin for you 2nite!!Stay Strong!!
Sandy
Today I pray for the recovered,Today I pray for the recovering, And Today I pray for the ones who need to!!!