Notices

Fighting the pain

Old 03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Fighting the pain

Last night, the guy I have been in love with for 4 years told him that he wasn't in love with me. The pain in my heart is so overwhelming and everything that I've tried to do hasn't help the hurt at all. I understand and respect his feelings, but I'm a bit confused too.

He always gets so jealous when I'm talking to a guy and always wants to know the details. In the past few months, he has done/said many things that indicated that he had feelings for me. I wasn't the only one to see this and others even said he is expressing interest.

When we talked, he said his main reasons for not dating me are the friendship we have and my ex is a friend of his. He said he that he didn't want to risk our friendship for a relationship.

I've been praying for God's will to be done in this situation. Does this mean that there is no chance of anything ever growing between us? Could time change things? He is about to leave and I won't see him for a long time. I will continue to pray and be patient. Please pray for me also. My heart is in so much pain as I really love him.

Please pray for me.

Dixie
Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ARW

There's nothing one can say to relieve your pain. But what you feel right now, no matter how horrowing it may seem, will one day be forgotten and replaced by another love and joy more powerful. The sieve of time is often times the only cure.

Good luck.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

embrace your pain.
cry with all your might
A broken heart is also an open heart.
The will of LOVE is powerful.

I 'll pray for you
Old 03-02-2005, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Think of the love that you felt for him....and he said he doesn't love you back... when the right ones comes along and loves you as much as you love him......girl, you wouldn't want to be STUCK with him thats not giving back what you need and deserve..... be thankful(although hard, i know) he is telling you this so you can move on and find your true love. This happened to me sorta.... and i am so happy and he loves me just as much.... never thougth it would happen. but it did. You are in my prayers... love, dot God has a plan for each of us and wants us to be happy and obviously this guy isn't worthy of you!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Big Hugs to you!! I swear, there is nothing worse then a broken heart. Good for you for praying about it. Somethings don't work out the way we would want them to, but there are better things to come!! I believe you're HP will send you someone (when you least expect it)!! Maybe even this guy!!

My sponsor is going through this same thing. She told me that love is a gift that we give freely to one another. When we love someone, we cannot expect that love to be returned. That is were the giving it freely comes in. No strings attached. Of course, we could like others to feel the way we do, but it doesn't always work that way. In giving love, we open ourselves up to be hurt. But when that love is accepted and returned to us, what a beautiful thing.

Love is patient, love is kind, love does not envy, love does not boast, love is not proud, love is not rude, love always trusts, love always hopes, love never fails!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 03-02-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sober rocks

When God closes one door he opens another, it's the wait in the hallway that's Hell....

Hang in there, better days are coming.
;-)
Old 03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

You know...I tripped in the hallway a couple of times.
All my fears came upon me. In dispear I was.
Nor I had the courage to move on. I was still.
LOVE is truly amazing