Notices

its friday night

Old 02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

its friday night

man i knew staying sober was gonna take some work but this is my first weekend and that damn monster is wispering in my ear.i keep hearing come on just 1 beer it cant hurt you have been good all week.thats why i am here typing it seems to help
Old 02-11-2005, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, dranklikeafish. Guess what I do on Friday nights? I go to a meeting. I go Saturday nights, too. In fact, I go most every night. It helps. Really.

Hang in there, ok? We're pulling for you.

hugs,

phinny
Old 02-11-2005, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I agree with Jojo. Go to a meeting, and talk. You'll be surprised at how much it helps. We are all here for you. I'll keep ya in my prayers. :heart:
Old 02-11-2005, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't drink!

I have been sober for 9 months now and I have not posted here in awhile. Please don't drink. I know weekends are trouble especially when you start tricking yourself into thinking you deserve it. But please don't do it. My life has changed so much since I quit. My career is on the verge of totally skyrocketing my friends have begun to trust and respect me and I have become so close with my family. The first couple of weeks are really hard but 5 days is super good. Soon it will be a month! Go watch a movie or something and go to sleep early. Tomorrow you will start your first Sat. sober and get so much done. You can go shopping, work around the house, read, visit with friends. Please don't drink tonight!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

Oh yeah... the danger zone.
Feeling like I deserve a reward. Nasty head space.
But guess what? We all have been there, and some of us still go there.
If you don't have the first one, you won't have the seventh. Or the twelfth.
Dig?
Think through it. Picture how you'll feel...
Me, I try and remember some of the mornings, and how my stomach tasted in my mouth, once I got over the feeling I had been run over by a large vehicle.
And yeah, Phinny's got the simple plan there. Go sit for an hour with others like you.
That's a win win proposition.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know what it's like to drink, try staying sober and see how you feel!

Come Saturday, then Sunday and Monday, you will reap the rewards, bet you'll feel good about it!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ok here we go . after reading your replies and eating 2 fudgerounds heres the plan. im gonna put the baby to sleep early turn off the phone put in a chic flic for my wife and i to watch(i dont really care for them but when my wifes curled up in my arms i can do it)we gonna eat pizz and make love all night(i wish)i turned down a pool game at the bar i think i will be ok. thanks to everyone and i hope i can help others.it fell good to be able to help others
Old 02-11-2005, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All I have to say is....you keep playing with fire.....you'll eventually get burnt, one way or another.

We all know what it's like having that MONSTER whisper in our ears.....tell it to take a long walk off a short dock.....why let it win, all it does is cause us never ending grief, pain, shame...all yuck stuff.

Please take care of yourself, it's not worth it, and YOU know it's not.

Love and extra hugs.....Denise
Old 02-11-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hear what your saying i,ve had that little voice in my head alot of time to.Jest fight it and say not tonite maybe tomorrow i well and maybe it well go away.You will feel better in the morning by not drinking and even if you can find a A.A MEETING they do help.So good luck and my prayers are with you that you don,t drink tonite....
Old 02-11-2005, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chy

Those first few weekends are the worst! You'll be so happy to wake up hangover free in the morning and be grateful you have one more day of sobriety. You can do this!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great Post!

Originally Posted by SBC98
I have been sober for 9 months now and I have not posted here in awhile. Please don't drink. I know weekends are trouble especially when you start tricking yourself into thinking you deserve it. But please don't do it. My life has changed so much since I quit. My career is on the verge of totally skyrocketing my friends have begun to trust and respect me and I have become so close with my family. The first couple of weeks are really hard but 5 days is super good. Soon it will be a month! Go watch a movie or something and go to sleep early. Tomorrow you will start your first Sat. sober and get so much done. You can go shopping, work around the house, read, visit with friends. Please don't drink tonight!!!!
What a great post for us newbies. Thanks SBC!