Notices

Very Mad

Old 02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very Mad

When does this darn emotional roller coaster stop? I'm either very sad and depressed or very angry and have troubles behaving properly.
When I went to detox I gave my mother the key to my place to get my dog. I just now found out she went through the whole place and took all my bills. Now she is making a big deal about all kinds of things are are paid or soon to be paid.
I'm really just angry that she went trhough all my stuff. I'm 38 years old and don't need someone doing that.
She was trying to help but I blew up, now am sorry. Still she should not have done that.
She even commented on some old bayonette I have and how it is illegal. Wow, I forgot I even had that thing. It is buried in the very bottom of some junk drawer. That just tells me she looked everywhere if she found that old thing.
Aughhh! Usually I would already have been across the street and buying some beer.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Exclamation very mad

I just joined recently, Reading "very mad" was like a flashback. A year and a half ago a similar thing happened to me, the absolute invasion of diar privacy is something that does go away, but never is forgotten, calling apon those memory's is like strikeing a match, standing in the middle of a pile of old dry hay. When something happens that the memory of that invasion of privacy creeps's in, I must think of something else soon or it gets alot worse like any other bad memory. I guess in short, hang in there Bud it does ease, I did'nt think so but it does!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mr. B,

Sounds like you did not like it very much either.

I am starting to chill out now--thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Boozer,

I know how it is. I am on day 4 and am starting to feel out of control emotions as well. I have some resentments against the family that make me mad as hell. I ranted to my wife about my Dad today and feel guilty about it although I know some of what I said is true. I went to a noon meeting today and almost cried. I was always taught by my father to suck it in and never show anything. He's an alcoholic and that hasn't done him any good. I have heard it takes a while for the emotions to even out and that it is normal in early recovery. Hang in there!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Xboozer-I dont blame you for being upset,but that is the position we place ourselves in when drinking.You know ? I should say that is the position I placed myself in.Going to detox ,having to turn my responseabilities over to others because of it.Because I have not been in detox for awhile that hasnt happened again.Can you calmly talk to her about how you feel? Maybe call your sponser or someone else in recovery ? Good job on not going with that knee jerk reaction to anger ,drinking,and posting here ! Try to let it go. Bless,Trish
Old 02-11-2005, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Miraclen,

I'm calm now. It just got me. Oh well it is over.

Thanks