Notices

Trying not to back slide

Old 02-09-2005, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chel918

Thumbs down Trying not to back slide

I have been clean for 4 years. I got myself clean because I saw everyone go to jail, die, etc... I moved away so I wouldn't have any temptations, but now I've moved back to this state to finish school. I haven't wanted to do any meth in years!! But since I've gotten back it's all I think about. I guess with the full load of classes and working full time, I just think I could use that extra boost. But I know that is a BAD idea. I've lost all my "friends here due to drugs" and there aren't any N/A meetings for meth addicts around, so I guess I just need words of encouragement.

Thanks for any words....
Signed
Trying to stay yeahme..
Old 02-09-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

EVERYWHERE YOU GO THERE YOU ARE

Try to stay away from your old friends. Find a meeting. Play the tape over in your head. drugs gets us dead

Simple enough. They bust them by the busloads here in my rural area. This is just insane. They get sent to prison come back out and get arrested again
Old 02-09-2005, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Being clean for 4 years is great. By now, you have seen the wonderful life that sobriety can bring. Think about how the drugs would affect you in the long run. Meth would lead you back down a long road....death, jail, depression, failing out of school, losing your job. If you touch meth, you could lose it all. You still have a chance now, fight and do everything in your power to protect your sobriety. You are worth it!

Hope
Old 02-09-2005, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey yeahme,

Congratulations on making it 4 years!
Val
Old 02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did quit that junk 15 years ago. All my friends either were murdered, died, or went to prison. It is the same for everyone with that stuff.
Just remember that originally you do feel like you have more energy. After a while you may have more energy but the mind can't function so that will never help you in school.
Stay away from that!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Agnostic with faith

Congratulations on your 4 years beeing clean. However, it looks to me that you moved away to avoid temptation and entirely forgot that your disease would follow you anywhere. Coming back was the trigger that made you consider using meth again.
I'm an alcoholic. No matter where I go, who I go out with (drinking or non-drinking people) I'm still an alcoholic. Therefore, I have to rely on my own to avoid temptations and consequent relapses. Drinking makes me feel more relaxed in a crowd of people I've just met; I talk a lot, I´m funny, I do a lot of stuff I wouldn't do if I were sober, but that's just not the real me.
You want meth to boost yourself? Do it! Just remember once you reach the ideal "cruising" speed you won't have any brakes to stop you and that's when you'll get in deep trouble.
You deserve much better than that. Hope

P.S.: isn't that full load of classes and full time job an excuse to start on meth again? Subconsciouly, that is. I could tell you several handfull subconscious excuses to start drinking again and coming back to day 1.