Notices

Hello

Old 02-02-2005, 11:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Thanks for sharing, es.

Make the decision to get better. You're worth it. God didn't make any junk. Therefore you're special. God loves you as if you're the only human being there ever was or ever will be. It doesn't matter if you believe in Him. He believes in you. It doesn't matter if you understand Him. He understands you.

How do I know? The above was and is true for me.

Get to a meeting. Narcotics Anonymous, or I hear there's Cocaine Anonymous in some areas. Let us know how it goes.

I'm proud of you. You have courage.

Get going.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

evil i can understand exactly were your coming from and know only to well what a massive step it has been for you to lay yourself bare as i did myself only a few short weeks ago i found some wonderful surport here at SR ,i send you *hugs* and wish you luck on your journey to recovery
Old 02-03-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

EvilSelf,
My name is Hope and I'm a cocaine addict. I've been clean for 65 days now only doing it one day at a time. Stick around and get to know us. There is a much better life for you than cocaine. We will always be here for you anytime, always remember that. Together we can do what we cannot do alone. You can send me a PM anytime.
Take care.

Love and hugs,
Hope
Old 02-03-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Meetings

I don't know if I'm ready for a meeting face to face...does that make me weak? What is expected at meetings? Are they private? Everything and anything I say at a meeting...is there anyway someone not at the meeting could find out? Are they allowed to share anything about me, such as my presence, to say like an employer? People who hold these meetings, are they ex-users? Do they really understand? How much does this cost? How long will I have to go?

How long will it take me to not have this urge anymore? I fought it so hard last night for three hours. I spent my night thinking about getting high instead of sleeping...that's a shame! I did come in here to read last night just to get the strength that I needed so badly. It makes it harder when the dealer is calling on the cell phone...and then my mind is consumed with calling him back. I didn't get high last night...and I am proud of that. I hear a lot of you here say one day at a time and I think I can deal with that. I'm sorry, I'm rambling...

I have so many questions.....
Old 02-03-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One more thing...should I be posting in "Drug Addiction" - "Substance Abuse"? Okay two more things...do people get well without actually ever going to face to face meetings?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Evil Self,

You asked many questions, and here are a few answers.

Most recovery groups are composed entirely of those seeking to recover from addiction. Everyone at the meeting, including the ones who are "running" the meeting, would be a recovering addict. Everything that is said there at the meeting stays there. There are important Traditions that protect the anonymity of all involved.

Hey Evil, keep posting. So glad you are really wanting to recover.

Just a thought -- seems like you have so much goodness in you, that I find it hard to call you "Evil" or "Evil Self" any more. How about "GoodSelf" or something like that? You have a lot of goodness in you, otherwise you would never have posted here at all.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

evil self hi, my evil self is wondering if we're twins!!!! I heard that the only thing that's CURED is a ham lol.....i'm a drug addicted alcoholic called wantneeda, andf welcome, i just recently found this site myself and so far find it wonderful....
I went into treatment last year as a drug addict and came out a drug addicted alcoholic, actually i think i'm addicted to everything!!!!especially the chaos of finding, getting and using.....i too am addicted to coke...it seriously ruined my life, it became all i ever cared about. I turned my back on 2 beautiful girls, believe me they were crushed!!!, not to mention the rest of my family.the guilt and shame of where my life went kept me out there. Finally, i got beat up by my so called boyfriend and that sent me into treatment for the second time....it was the best thing that ever happened to me.....i spent the next5 months in detox and 2 treatment centres.....
it takes alot of courage to run from reality and myself, it takes alot of courage to admit there's a problem, it takes even more to accept.....there is a place, i believe in the centre of one's soul, that has an unlimited supply of courage and strength.....today i am honing in on that place to stay clean, just for today,....keep coming back \\// peace