Notices

"Less Than"

Old 01-30-2005, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Less Than"

Had a great weekend however always feel that in one way or another i have jeopardised my recovery or let myself down (that is not to say that i have picked up a drink admittedly). I just find myself saying stupid things to people that a) sell me short, b) make me feel stupid and d) are completely irrelevant and jerky! I hate myself when this happens and I hate the "Think, Think, Think" motto in meetings. Most of the time i just CAN'T think before i open my mouth. I don't say things that hurt people (i hope not anyway) I just verbalise "my stuff" - jealousy of a sister, anger at my mother, sympathy for my dad etc, etc. I know i must give myself credit for the things i do and can get right but it is the things i get wrong/say wrong that most seem to bug me. God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. amen.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Sometimes I think that thinking is a pain in the a$$.

For me, it's simple - don't drink. There's more work after that, but I'm worth it and so are you. You are not alone.

Richard
Old 01-30-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jo,

Be gentle with yourself. Part of recovery is dealing with all these other faults we have and trying to correct them, one day at a time. Still working on mine, that's for sure. Hang in there!

ChrisMan
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Be honest ands respectful of others. I used to drink so I would have courage to talk. People will like you for who you are. let someone do the talking and you listen to them. It's always nice to have someone to listen around.

Chris
Old 01-31-2005, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

When I sobered up, I was in shock when I realized I had all this stuff to deal with.
Because face it, most of us used alcohol to avoid looking at our true emotions.
Once I removed the liquid pink and rosy glasses from the equation, I was faced with me, the real me, and all the stuffed down things I had ignored for so long.
It took a bit of time to sort through these bags, and I'm still in the process of putting things away in their proper places.
But it's better now. Recovery is a process by which we acquire knowledge on how to live in a serene way. The key word is process. Forward movement, however small and insignificant it may seem, needs to be acknowleged.
You're doing it. Daily.
Give time some time.