Notices

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Old 01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hello everyone,

I'm a little nervous as I have never really spoken about my addiction before so I apologize if this introduction sounds a bit strange. Truth be told, I am only beginning to come to terms with the idea that I may have an addiction... its still seems like such a foreign concept, even though I know its true. But before I go on, for any of the members who are familiar with NA meetings, do you just "go" when you feel ready or must you set up an appointment or assessment before hand? There is no contact number given for the two NA meetings in my town and I'm a little shy about just showing up on Wednesday, not knowing the rules or anything....

Anyway, I am a 22 year old female and I am addicted (ouch... its still terrifying to use that word!) to heroin. I have been sober for 11 days but its hard and I think about using ALL the time. I even dream about it. Detoxing was one of the most difficult things that I have ever done and I hope not to repeat the experience yet at the same time, I don't know how much longer I will be able to stay away from using Hence, I think maybe NA could be helpful and hopefully enlighten me to lead a better, sober life.

Thank you all and I'm very happy to be a part of your community!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

the NA meetings are great! i know how you feel about dreaming about the drugs. a woman in one of my meetings said "why shouldn't we dream about it that was the only thing in our lives for however many years!" she is right. I am working on staying sober as well. from what i have learned our endorphines will kick back in and we can feel normal again. it took time to get in our shape and it will take time to get us feeling better! lots of love, dot
Old 01-28-2005, 11:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh yeah stick around on here. this is a great site to spill your gus! everyone is so nice and understanding. but give those meetings a try and you will see what a difference they make in your mental state. email me anytime....
Old 01-29-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hi ((Purr)) Welcome to SR!! I'm Missy - alcoholic. You are doing great with admitting you have a problem so young in life. Don't feel shy or afraid! NA will welcome you with open arms. These programs need newcomers just like you to help us stay sober!! That's the way it works, we all need each other. Their is no judgement, only support!!

I think you can just show up to the meeting. That's how it is here. Open meetings are for anybody with any addiction, and even people without addictions. Closed are for addicts only, as far as I know. So, I'd say you fit in both!!

Congratulations on your discovery. The programs are simple, we just try to complicate them!

Enjoy your new life in sobriety!! We are all here for you!!
Hugs,
Missy
Old 01-29-2005, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Purr,welcome to SoberRecovery.No need to be nervous.You have come to a good place.I think NA is a great idea.It works for me and many others.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome Purr

11 day's is great! NA is a wonderful fellowship.You have also found a great place of help and support here.Iam pulling for you,bless,Trish Narcotics Anonymous Official Homepage
http://www.na.org/
Old 01-29-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all so kindly for your warm welcome! It means the world to me.
Thank you so much
Purr
Old 01-29-2005, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HhM
I'm trying!

Last edited by HhM; 01-29-2005 at 03:44 PM. Reason: entered in wrong area
Old 01-29-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HhM
I'm trying!

[QUOTE=Purr]Hello everyone,

WELCOME! I JUST JOINED MYSELF! 11 DAYS IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. I have never tried H but, have heard some crazy things. I have gone on a 4 day Crank-fest once, are they similar? I'm only asking so I can try and relate, not so I can run out and buy some. From what I have heard, if you have gone 11 days, you are doing very well. Did you go through detox yourself?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Purr,

I'm glad you found us and congratulations on your 11 days sober. That's terrific! I'm an alcoholic so I can only tell you that this is a great place to come for support and inspiration.

Anna