Notices

Hi,just want to introduce myself...messed up on sub

Old 01-26-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
not bad...just sick

Hi,just want to introduce myself...messed up on sub

Hi,My name is Rich.I am a long time viewer of this board and decided its time to join.I am a long time opiate head.started with pills and ended with dope.I just began suboxone maintenance.feel like i made a mistake.just another opiate to kick.I began a little over a week ago and started abusing the pills right away.although there was no added effect from increased use...there is an undesired effect from not maintaining the amounts I did use.In other words I kept eating the pills like candy 2 mg pills throughout the day...now am trying to maintain at 32 mgs a day...which i know is super high...ohhhh.what did I do I am so screwed
Old 01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!
Glad you joined us. Any chance you can check into a rehab? If you already are abusing the method to help kick the opiates, maybe it would help to be in a structured environment with medical help, supervison, and couselors to help you sort it all out. Salvation Army has a great program and is free. In the meantime, stick around, you'll get a lot of support here.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rich and welcome,

This is a great place for support. I have to agree with Chy. Maybe rehab is a good choice for you. It has helped many to gain a foundation full of tools on how to stay sober. I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Sherry
Old 01-26-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not bad...just sick

wow,thanks for such a quick response,I am considering detox and rehab.the problem I have is that suboxone has 2mg of naloxon,an opiate antagonist. so I dont think methadone will work.I want to find out how they will detox me first.Ideally I would like to comfortably stablize on this med and try to ween down to a much smaller dose. I never have done very good at tapering but I am terrified of intense withdrawl.I have expierienced this withdrawl a bit yesterday and it seems like its alot more intense than H.I'm just really confused. My doctor and support group think its a good idea I stay on this med for maintenance,and maybe it is if i can find a comfortable dose.I'm gonna give it one more week and take the meds as prescribed.my head is just spinning now.does this even make much sense LOL.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think going into a detox is a very good idea. They will be able to take care of you medically. Call and ask them what they do. It can't hurt. Have you gone to any meetings? I have found a lot of support in the meetings, and would suggest that you start there. I really do think detox and rehab are the way to go, though. Good luck.

Sherry
Old 01-27-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Rich,

glad you're here. keep coming back

chris
Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are right there with you, Rich. I'm Anne, an alcoholic, so I don't have any experience with your drug of choice... but it seems to me that Sherry and Chy have the right idea - detox/rehab under supervision in a structured environment sounds like a very good idea to me. Also, I wanted to answer your post just to let you know you are not alone. The people here are so giving and supportive - they have held my head above water on more than one occasion. This is a great place to come.

I wish you the best - keep working hard on kicking this habit, and try to take good care of yourself.

--anne