Notices

Fell off again HARD!

Old 01-25-2005, 10:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

xpartygirl.....stick with it!!!! day one for me. i know how you feel!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathy31
Xpartygirl
I know where you're coming from. I did the same (Of course I did !! Which alcoholic doesn't try and convince themselves they can drink normally after some abstinence!) I ended up so drunk - really go so bruised from falling down I couldn't go to the gym for a week, i was so embarassed by the state of me! Arms, legs, everything. Also just lost my glasses, and I don't know what else! blank for literally HOURS. The worst ever. But you know what, it made me realise....duh! alcoholism is a progressive disease. Now I know that for sure. So, lesson learned!
Meetings DO help. I know I need to do more, and I am going to.
Good luck! well done on day 5.
Love
cathy31
x
Lol, Cathy I was the same way!! You could always tell if I had been drinking by the bruises on my arms and legs.

Xpartygirl, it sounds like you are gaining more and more insight on what you need to recover. Remember, you didn't lose what you lost in those 3 weeks and all that matters is this 24...we are rooting for you!
Old 01-31-2005, 03:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you don't drink in between meetings you can't get drunk! Thats what thye tell me at one of my meetings and it seems to be working. Keep it simple, it really works xparty girl!
Old 01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

party girl, keep going to meetings ... every day ... do 90 days in 90 days worth of meetings. you always found time to drink so find time to go to AA meetings and just listen. active alcoholism is all about loss ... loss of self-respect, loss of esteem, sometimes even loss of life but always more loss. get serious about this. it's a disease. controlled drinking does not work for alcoholics. get a sponsor in AA. accept the fact that you are an alcoholic and start working the program. once you make a cucumber into a pickle, it can never be a cucumber again. keep on keeping on.

Last edited by gmastella; 01-31-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-01-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Xpartygirl,
There are very few of us that will get this sober thing the first time around. I definelty wasn't one of them. I know you can do it!
I will make 2 guarantees to you right now!
1) Your life will get worse if you go back out and drink again.
2) Your life will get better if you remain sober.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

All we have is a daily reprieve. It's great to rack up hours, day and years of sobriety but like many said in this post, it doesn't matter how long you have sober. Our disease is always patiently waiting for us. It wants us to drink again and it wants us dead. They say that the person with the most sobriety is the person who woke up first this morning.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

XPG.........

MAKE NEW MISTAKES........
Old 02-01-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

it's OK

I noticed you didn't post ofr a couple of weeks and I was worried about you... I hope you're OK...