Notices

Help lonely Addict at large

Old 01-20-2005, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Help lonely Addict at large

Kiaora My Name is Nuts (Not Using The Steps) and i'm an addict, i've been clean from herion for just over eight years and have slowly been coming off all the other drugs and alcohol since then.
I've been sober for over two years but not clean!
I did have four months off total clean time up in Oct last year (including the cigs) but had a relapse that i am still lost in, bloody cannabis! I want to be clean i loved being free from all drugs and alcohol, it rocks even if it is so god damn hard!! The fellowship is very small in the town that i live usually only about four or five of us, mostly men i would love to hear from any women in recovery as i really need some female support.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Arohanui

Nuts
Old 01-20-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

hello nuts being clean from herion for eight years is a great acomplishment! and your coming off the other drugs is also a great thing. if the fellowship is so small why dont you look into towns close by?? I'm 60 days sober so i'm pretty new here. i'm 24 (well in 3 days) female so if you ever want to chat i'm always available i hope this helps my drug of choice was alcohol.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Nuts)))

I would also like to say congrats on wanting to get off all the drugs. I am also here if you need to talk. I know what it's like to not have women around to talk to. I am blessed to live in an area that has a lot of women in recovery. If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me.

Sherry
Old 01-21-2005, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, my drug of choice was herion also. I had 15yr clean time. I relapsed
back in 2000 When my husband and I separated. The pain was worse then my addiction. Meaning the pain from my separation. First I picked up cigarettes then I start to drink then last I went to my drug of choice which is herion. I will have 3mos clean on. Jan 31 I just thought about something my clean time started 15 yrs ago January 31. OMG That is no a coincidence it's meant for me to get this.

If you need someone to talk to give me a shout out, take it one day at a time. Get to a meeting call NA hotline they should be able to tell you were there are meetings in your area. If not go as much as you can. If no women are there, try talking to one of the men please just don't let then 13th step you. Good luck hang in there
Old 01-21-2005, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Nuts!! Though I'm not a female, I would like to congratulate you on your accomplishments, the sky is the limit when we put down all mind altering substances. I'm 51 days free of cigs myself. My spiritual connection has never been better, there is a reason spirituality is called the "breath of life" for a reason. I am breathing freely, for sure. We promise freedom from active addiction. There is another site called www.egna.org which is an NA home group on the internet. We have people from Austraila on board as well, which is close to you, I believe. Hang in there!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Nuts, You opened my eyes. I've got a bit over eight months off the H. I'm not a drinker, but as of now I'm not going to have one for any reason.

Thanks for the heads up. It really hits ya when it's in writing. Hang in there.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Guys for all your messages its moved me to tears. I'm into my second day clean now, feeling like **** but thats part an parcel ah! I'm going to hang in there i really want this i'm sick an tired of being sick an tired. Only got access to a comp. at my in-laws so will keep checking my mail every couple of days. Thanks again for all the messages of support they have given me a hell boost!! Got plenty of literature to read an will try and get to the meeting on Friday lunch time. Pray for me!!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile Thanks

Originally Posted by nodope
Hey Nuts, You opened my eyes. I've got a bit over eight months off the H. I'm not a drinker, but as of now I'm not going to have one for any reason.

Thanks for the heads up. It really hits ya when it's in writing. Hang in there.
thanks for the message, glad to hear your going to avoid the alcohol, this addiction comes in all forms. I was under the false pretense that i would be ok if i just stuck to the alcohol, but my alcohol took me lower than the herion did!! Been attending AA meetings since 12th August 2002 and have remained sober since that first meeting. I thought it would be ok to start smoking cannabis i had my life back together, CRAP, here i sit two days clean sweaty hands and the shakes from cannabis who would have guessed!!

Thanks i'm hanging in there Just for today!

Nuts