Notices

well hello i am a addict

Old 01-20-2005, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

well hello i am a addict

Well i am going threw day one and i have hurt my family with my drug abuse. I thought I could take control on my own but guess what the drug takes control of me. Well I am going to start today as day one and with the support of you all and my friends I know i can get my lfe back. Anyways just thought I would try this as my first step today and s the first day of my recovery.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
one of many

You've made the right decision rigger. We addicts need more than wishful thinking to recover however. We need each other very badly. I'd like to welcome you to our little recovery board here. These people have helped me through some very dark moments in my recovery and they will help you to. Because as addicts we can only keep what we have by giving it away.

I suggest you find a face to face support group somewhere in your area AA/NA/SOS so you don't have to face this journey alone. Keep on posting with us! Talk to you soon.

Chris
Old 01-20-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you

Wekk thank you for the support i am going to hit this head on and see what wounderful thing lye ahead of me in my first year being clean ony day at a time!@!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

TAke it minute by minute if you have to my friend. Congratulations. I agree with Chris, you need to do the meetings. They help immensly.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rigger,

I'm glad you've joined us and you can find lots of support and encouragement here. I applaud you in your decision to take back your life. Hang around and get to know us.

Anna
Old 01-20-2005, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well thanks I know I need this for me first and I sorrender the the drug it has an evil hold of me and I wecolme all the support I nead it thank you all
Old 01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tobi

Welcome, and congratulations on taking back control. It is a great first step, being a newbie myself (8 days clean) I can honestly say that the face to face meetings and this board have helped in more ways than I can ever express. Keep coming back our brother :-)
Old 01-20-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

rigger,welcome to SoberRecovery.I am glad your here.This is a great place.I also agree with everyone about how important F2F meetings are.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome rigger. It good to have you on the boards with us. Stick around, and get to know us. Congrats on the decision to try a new way of life, One Day At A Time!

Sherry
Old 01-20-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow I Did Not Think I Would Get So Much Support You Are All Wounderful Thanl You Again For You Intrest And Support Wish Me Luck But I Hold The Cards
Old 01-20-2005, 03:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Luck is not a factor. I wish you some work, because that's what it takes to put this disease in remission! Prayers are going out for you!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

[b] Hi Rigger, my name is Scorpio and I'm a recovering Addict...... WELCOME KEEP COMING BACK, MORE WILL BE REVEALED
Old 01-21-2005, 04:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, Rigger. ChrisMan here -- recovering addict. Hope you keep getting the support you need.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

HEllo to day is the start of day two wow I am feeling good . I know the battle that is ahead for me but this will be the war I can win with people like you all. I am sad and I hold in alot of my emotions inside so today I am reaching out so i can get to day three clean. I check this site out very often during the week it is like my everday check in. On the weekend I will be spending my time at alot of meetings so i will check in again on Monday. Everyone have a great weekend and be safe. I am just one soul but I need you all. thank you
Old 01-21-2005, 05:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Its nice to see you back again and congrats on day two.I am also glad to hear you are doing the meetings.Thats awesome,you can do this.And I look forward to reading more of your posts. Michael
Old 01-21-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i am trying to get on thi=e system to chat how do I? I have filled the info out but i am having probels connecting any advise
Old 01-21-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

please help me for i need to talk
Old 01-21-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

anyone here wow i need some one were do i start???
Old 01-21-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

did you register? There's a sticky in the chat forum, if you are still having problems, send a private message to Chy.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Hello Rigger,
I read your message and I was moved to write you a few encouraging words. First, I would like to say that you made a good decision in deciding to take your life back. I recently made the same choice. I can also identify with what you say because I too tried to control my drug use,but to no avail. It just proved impossible for me. I could not control the drug. It always controlled me. My drug use led me to a lot of places that I do not want to see again. I've already experienced jails and institiutions and now its time to take my life back as you are trying to take yours back.

I also recently started going to meetings and it seems to help me a lot. It is very helpful for me to be around people who come from a similar background, but who do not use anymore. In those meetings you may gain strength.

I also participate in an outpatient treatment program called Daytop. As a matter of fact, I had an appointment with my counselor last night. I always feel good when I finish talking with him. The first thing that impressed me about him immediately is that he too is a recovering addict and he will have no problems telling you. He told me his story and I was impressed by that. Well last night he gave me what I thought was some good advice. I asked him, "How did you deal with the cravings to get high in the beginning?" He spoke about how he kept busy doing positive things, exercise, etc. But, the one positive thing that I took from that discussion is that he said, "You must prevent that first one. If you do not prevent that first one, you will be off to the races and the cycle will continue." From experience I know this to be true. No matter what prevent that first one..... I wish you the best...